Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone ever try this? Tulammo. It's Russian. Steel case, non corrosive. I got it at walmart for $9.97. An employee there said he has received positive feedback about it. I figured it was worth a shot. Pun intended

Font Bumper Logo Office supplies Electronics accessory

Attachments

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
I use it all the time when I am just dumping rounds out in the dessert. Never had a problem with it, but I use American eagle for training.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
I use it all the time when I am just dumping rounds out in the dessert. Never had a problem with it, but I use American eagle for training.
Ok noob question: What is the difference of training ammo and ammo you dump down range?

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
Support Gunner said:
Ok noob question: What is the difference of training ammo and ammo you dump down range?
When I train I want the closest ammo to my carry ammo with out buying more expensive carry ammo. American eagle matches the closest for the price. It is made to tighter tolerances and better materials than tula.

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
Shoot it and buy up as much as you want. I've had zero problems with Tula in the past.

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
I haven't tried Tula in my Glock but my AR eats up steel cased ammo with no problems so I may try it in my glock next

·
Registered
14 Posts
that is the ammo of choice between my buddies and I, we have had no problems, and I can afford to shoot more

·
Registered
31 Posts
Love Tula in my AR And glock 30sf. sR9c ate it up too when I owned it. Bodyguard 380 hates it.

·
152 Posts
My husband had gotten these and when I noticed they were Russian I told him I didn't want to shoot them. Im sure they are good but I can't in good conscience, having escaped a communist country to live in the US pay money to buy Russian ammo when I can just as easily buy American made. The extra dollar is not going to make a difference.

·
Hail Commifornia
6,370 Posts
My husband had gotten these and when I noticed they were Russian I told him I didn't want to shoot them. Im sure they are good but I can't in good conscience, having escaped a communist country to live in the US pay money to buy Russian ammo when I can just as easily buy American made. The extra dollar is not going to make a difference.
Interesting point of view, but I understand it. The country I was born in still has communist and marxist groups trying to take over.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
odgreen said:
Now that is true Patriotism!!! Good for You!!!

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
series11 said:
Interesting point of view, but I understand it. The country I was born in still has communist and marxist groups trying to take over.
Just out of curiosity what country are you from?

·
Registered
836 Posts
Anyone ever try this? Tulammo. It's Russian. Steel case, non corrosive. I got it at walmart for $9.97. An employee there said he has received positive feedback about it. I figured it was worth a shot. Pun intended

View attachment 6433 QUOTE]

I've put over 400 rounds of Tula thru my G26 and it works great! Only 2 FTFR! No FTFE or FTE! Imo, it's the best plinking ammo out there! If you're not into reloading, and just plinking at the range, I wouldn't buy anything else, unless of course you found some other brand cheaper. It has low fouling, good accuracy and the money, you can't beat it! However, I've only used the 9mm. I have a co-worker that used it in his G27(.40 S&W) and he didn't have good luck! He had 6 or 7 FTFR's and SEVERAL FTE out of 50 rounds! Could've been just a bad batch. Not sure. The 9mm is good to go!

·
8th Gen. Fla Cracker (not creepy though)
3,451 Posts
The country I was born in also has communist and marxist trying to take over.

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
still waiting on my Jack Ross reloads to come. If they work out well that will be my new go-to ammo, if not I'll probably turn back to Tula or whatever is on sale when I am stocking up

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
Eye_Peeled said:
The country I was born in also has communist and marxist trying to take over.
May I ask what country?

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
bhale187 said:
still waiting on my Jack Ross reloads to come. If they work out well that will be my new go-to ammo, if not I'll probably turn back to Tula or whatever is on sale when I am stocking up
I really want to try them but I am so impatient

1 - 20 of 27 Posts