Trumps have Covid

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by mattm, Oct 2, 2020.

1. Bayou

Bayou Well-Known Member

The house is in Bolivar in the Stingaree Landing/Crystal Beach area. Since this time of year is when the “flounder run” takes place we’re hoping to hook into some of those in addition to the Red Drum, Speckled Trout, Sand Trout, Spanish Mackerel, Golden Croaker, Lings, Kings etc. that we’re always after. I just hope the sharks and hardheads stay away from our bait. Nothing worse than just feeding them and constantly rebaiting your leaders.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
    LElliott and ca survivor like this.
  2. ca survivor

ca survivor Active Member

Thanks, the house looked to me, like the Florida keys, when we stop in Savanna Georgia on our way to a cabin in Tennessee, wife has to go to this restaurant that makes a Flounder entrée, that she loves.

LElliott and Bayou like this.

3. Bayou

Bayou Well-Known Member

Been a long time since I’ve been to the Florida Keys. We vacationed there about 20 years ago and stayed in Islamarada. We went on a private charter fishing trip there and caught a bunch of Dolphin (Darado) and barracuda. That was the only 2 species of fish we caught that day but we caught our fill of both. We went to a restaurant that cleans and cooks your catch and provides all the side orders. Of course we only ate the Dorado, but a big barracuda would look nice on my wall.

4. ca survivor

ca survivor Active Member

Dolphin is my favorite fish to cash and eat, our place is a few miles North of Isla Morada, on Key Largo MM 96.

Bayou likes this.
  5. Bayou

Bayou Well-Known Member

Not only great eating, but a blast to catch since they do a lot of jumping out of the water when you're reeling them in and they change colors when they reflect off the sun and water.