Glock Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
If it is an SAE set screw the 1/16" hex key is for #3 & #4 set screws. Without seeing the screw I can't tell you the length or thread pitch. Drilling it out isn't going to be fun. The alloy used is heat treated to Rc45-53. Pick up a left hand drill bit. Before you drill, hit it with some heat. It is likely has Loctite holding it in place. You might get lucky and not have to drill.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Thanks for this idea. What would be the best way to get heat on the screw? The only thing I can think of is a soldering iron, but the width of it may put it close to the edges of the part of the sight that the fiber runs through.

I bought a set of left-handed drills that also came with screw extractors. Would those be appropriate for this job?

Thanks again.
I use a butane torch. Not knowing you exact site that may or may not work. The fiber rods should be easily replaceable it you happen to damage one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.