Tru-Dot night sights by Meprolight.

Discussion in 'Optics / Sights / Lasers / Lights' started by savage07, Jun 27, 2012.

1. savage07

savage07 New Member

Any one familiar with the Tru-Dot night sights for Glock?

2. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

Birddog has a nice set

3. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

The best IMO, I've got mepros that are about 13 years old and brighter than trijicons that are only a couple years old on another pistol I own, and WAY brighter than the trijicons on my duty gun thats about a half dozen years old.

4. savage07

savage07 New Member

Great! Because I just got my self a set and they perform amazing in the dark! Honestly I don't know much about night sights. I went to check night sight at the shop and the sales person said this are really good and they glow the best, I took his word for it. I just wanted to know what you guys think about it based on your experiences...

5. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

My oldest ones are on my old duty pistol, an HK USP 40, and I abused the hell out of that gun for years. I'd guess it was into the hundreds of times that I used the rear sight rack the slide by wedging the sight against a shoe, a wall corner, a post, or you name it. Never broke, moved, lost the tubes, nothing bad; I love em.

6. savage07

savage07 New Member

I'm glad!! I just got a set today! I don't know much about it. The sales guy said they are one of the brightest night sight in the dark, I took his word for it. But I also wanted to know you guys opinions and experiences with it. Thank you.

7. savage07

savage07 New Member

Awesome!!!!

8. CaptainJack

CaptainJack New Member

I love my Meprolights (trudots), G17 gen4. I work night security and find them to be the perfect sight ( for me) in low light conditions

9. Thesarge

Thesarge "The Sarge"

I only use Meprolight night sights. They are the factory choice of Glock, Sig Sauer, and Heckler & Koch so that tells you a lot right there. I carried Meprolights for many years under duty conditions with not a single issue. To me the Meprolights have the biggest/brightest dots at night and their large, white rings give a good day sight picture. What I like most about Meps is, unlike other brands, they are not effected by gun solvents, oils, or CLPs. I use Weapon Shield CLP and a q-tip to clean my Meps. Bill