Glock Firearms banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Heckler & Koch
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I'm going to buy these for my G19, Unless you guys can change my mind. I can get them for $99 at my LGS. I also would like to know how hard they are to put on? I'm not planning on doing it, they said they could do it for no extra charge, but should I trust them to do it. Just want to make sure it will shoot the same. Lol

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
I have the trijicons HD night sights with the orange front and love them. They are not hard at all to put on if you have the right tools, i.e front sight tool and rear sight tool that pushes them on. Some people say they are not as bright as the mepro night sights but they are bright enough fort me.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
If they can and will do it for you I would let them do it.
Unless you have the sight pusher tool and the front sight tool.

·
Heckler & Koch
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea, I don't have the tools. I just wanted to make sure it was easy enough so they wouldn't mess things up. I didn't know if a pro should do it? I'm going to get the green/green. Heard the same thing about the mepros, but I know trijicon is top notch stuff. Never had a problem with any of there stuff.

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
Yea, I don't have the tools. I just wanted to make sure it was easy enough so they wouldn't mess things up. I didn't know if a pro should do it? I'm going to get the green/green. Heard the same thing about the mepros, but I know trijicon is top notch stuff. Never had a problem with any of there stuff.
Ask them if they have a rear sight "pusher" or if they tap the sights on. Most dealers DO have a sight pusher.

Tritium sights don't like to be tapped. the little vials of radioactive material tend not to like that very much. ;)

D

·
Heckler & Koch
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool, I'll have to check with them. If they don't have the tool I'll check with the other shop. I think they're $110 there, not that big a deal. But if they don't have the tool and everyone around here taps them in, what should I do? What is the worst thing that can happen if they tap them in?

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
Cracker7 said:
What is the worst thing that can happen if they tap them in?
Best case, nothing.

Worst case. Broken vials and broken sights.

Most places that carry night sights will have a pusher though so I think you'll be ok.

D

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
Cracker7 said:
Cool, thanks for the quick reply.
NP. Glad I could help.

D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts