triggers/edc

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by 10mil, May 24, 2012.

1. 10mil

10mil Is That a .40....nope its a 10MM!

GA
    there are so many triggers out there Im having trouble deciding on one they all sound good but people will say anything to get u to.buy. spring and whole assembly as well. will any affect the reliability of my glock. what is the most common ones for edc?

2. parkeral

parkeral New Member

I myself have been thinking about getting a new trigger as well for my edc but im hesitant. If I got one of would be the zevtech fulcrum trigger. But I'm skeptical about straying from factory parts in that area because I need everything to function properly with the reliability of a stock glock

3. piken

piken New Member

For an EDC I would not go away from factory parts. I just put a factory 3.5lbs connector in and I am even a little worried about that for an EDC. The trigger is a very important part of the gun and I don't want a chance for an issue.

I remember a video that was going around youtube of an instructor at a weapons training class taking a glock 22 with a modified non-glock trigger setup from the student. I am not sure what trigger parts were replaced, but the issue was when power stroked to clear a misfire, the gun had a chance to go off. And in the video when the instructor was able to reproduce it, he had the gun not just fire on its own, but cleared the last 2 rounds in the mag with his confidence in if it happened earlier that the gun would have gone full auto.

4. yep, for carry stick with the factory trigger. I rounded the edges of the trigger safety on mine, but just slightly

5. piken

piken New Member

I was not a glock fan till the gen 4. I can't stand the hump on earlier glocks. Leading up to my purchase I was looking at XD's, M&P's, and the PPQ. I decided to go with the glock for a few reasons.

1. Accessories
    2. Reliability (I like that I can shoot it and leave it for a week before I clean it if I don't have the time and that it will still work)

Because of #2 above, the main parts of my gun will stay glock factory unless I get a conversion barrel.

6. EDC requires reliable. There is absolutely no reason in the world to change the trigger itself aside from visual aide, and with a 0% failure rate of the factory trigger it would be foolish to mess with it.

7. zipper046

zipper046 Member Supporter

From a Looooong time Glock shooter, LE and competitive shooter who has tried NUMEROUS triggers my advice:

Put in a 3.5lb connector (Zev tech or Lone Wolf are great) and do a .25 cent polish job (google it and you'll find it). The polish job is seething you can do with some patience and you'll learn the internals of the Glock at the same time.

Shoot the heck out of it like this and learn the Glock trigger, trigger control, and accuracy. Once you've done that then you can work up to playing with different springs and trigger assemblies.

This approach will do you well with EDC and the occasional competition.

Trust me...at 44 and shooting for 20+ years you'll start off on a great shooting experience.

Hope this helps.

Z-

8. The $0.25 job is more of a placebo then any actual help (especially with aftermarket connectors).

Also suggest adding a 6# wolf spring to the mix with the connector.

9. 10mil

GA
    ok well tomorrow Im going to buy me a g27. i think ima leave it stock just change out sights maybe small laser if hey come on 27. but i was told lonewolf was a great brand to use locally and I've read it on here. alot have them than others. but as for upgrades I've made a list of them Im going to do to g20 after i get the 27:) little over 1200 dollars emailed the list to my wife Hahaha. thanks for the info. alot more said stock id feel safer that way anyway. again Ty

10. 10mil

GA
    thanks for this as well ill try this no my 20 win my 27 gets here very informative :)