Glock Firearms banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem with my trigger on my 27. Seems to be catching. I can feel it stop before the pin pressure. So I ordered a new trigger. Any ideas ? I have a 29 also and it is smooth as silk. It is like it stops when I apply pressure then it follows thru. I am clueless. Help

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Welcome to the Forum sweaty. The trigger sounds like it is doing what it supposed to do. What you are feeling is the trigger safety disengaging before it hits the sear and engages the firing pin. This is normal. Has your G29 had work done to the trigger?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No. My 29 is smooth the while way. The 27 seems to have a bump when you pull the trigger and then you get to the actual pin. So different. Not smooth at all. Something must be wrong

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
Always had the problem or did it just pop up?
Did you buy new or used?
Stock trigger?
Have you had it apart beyond field strip?

Could have been an improper install.

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
Is your G27 new or old? how many rounds?
have you inspected the moving parts?

If it's new, could be a burr or some roughness in the finish. Not knowing what or how big this "bump" you are feeling (since it is subjective) will make diagnosing your issue problematic, but not impossible.

Hopefully, with more info, some of the more knowledgable (we have some Armorers on here) can offer some insights.

hth
D

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
There should be a pressure difference when pulling the trigger. The first part of the pull actually depresses upwards on the firing pin safety them you will feel a slightly stiffer pressure as the trigger bar rides on the connector just before it releases the the drop safety releasing the firing pin. If you think you have a problem, have a Glock armorer look at it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am not sure. All I can say is that when I pull the trigger back you can feel it stop and then go back. Like there is a notch or stump before I get to the pin actually firing. Not sure how else to explain it. There is about 60 rounds thru it and yes I bought it new

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Welcome to the Forum sweaty. The trigger sounds like it is doing what it supposed to do. What you are feeling is the trigger safety disengaging before it hits the sear and engages the firing pin. This is normal. Has your G29 had work done to the trigger?
I agree, I have a G27 Gen 4 and it does the same.
With the Pisto UN-LOADED of course look at the trigger as you are pulling it, look at the trigger safety.
The trigger safety is catching on the frame as it should.
It will wear down in time and be just fine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So do I try to replace the trigger and springs myself or take it to an armorer? The trigger assembly and spring set is only 35$

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Take it to an armorer and have it looked at.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
With the pistol assembled and cocked, the cruxiform should have already engaged the firing pin lug and the cruxiform should be resting on the drop safety (triggerbar fully forward) and with NO pressure to cause the trigger safety to come into contact with the frame.

Actually not. There should be enough trigger spring resistance (and firing pin spring resistance) to allow the trigger safety to release when properly pulled. The spring in the trigger safety has much less resistance than that of the coiled trigger spring and the firing pin spring combined. Therefore the trigger safety should not come into contact with the frame, when properly pulled.

I guess this is where we will have to agree to disagree.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
The problem with my pistol has been solved using a fingernail file to remove the excess material from the trigger safety.
The excess material is/was from the injection molding process which left a small burr on the trigger safety causing the trigger safety to drag on the frame.
In time after a few hundred rounds I'm sure it would have worn down thus eliminating the drag/catch problem however the fingernail file and a few light strokes on the trigger safety was a easy fix.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts