Featured Trigger upgrades

Discussion in 'Glock Accessories & Gear' started by RagingBee, Sep 30, 2017.

1. RagingBee

RagingBee New Member

What are some thoughts on trigger upgrades like the Ghost 3.5 Ultimate trigger kits. I saw that they have a few different kits and different trigger and striker springs. Do they make a big enough difference to consider using? I like the stock triggers and don’t think I would ever change it but I’ve seen a lot of videos and articles on people saying that they replace the tigger bar pretty much always.

2. Redhookbklyn

Redhookbklyn New Member

I chose the Overwatch Precision FALX trigger which uses a Gen 3 trigger bar. The trigger bar may be ordered polished or NP3 coated. I prefer this set up over stock for my Gen 4 G19 & 26.

3. glockamoli

glockamoli New Member

Using a Zev 3.5 connector, stock trigger spring, 4.5 pound striker spring (which supposedly is the lightest striker spring that will 100% fire any primers made including mil-spec), and some polishing/modifications done by an alleged Glock guru in the form of a drop-in trigger group, I get a 4 pound release from an almost new G4 M17.

Using a Double Diamond 3.5 connector, stock trigger spring, 4 pound striker spring, and polishing by myself, I get the same 4 pound release from a new G4 M19.

Out of the box trigger release on both guns was 5.5 to 6 pounds. Everyone that shot the 2 guns before and after the changes were very happy with the improvement. The 3.5 connectors didn't change the weight of pull in either gun. The improvement came from the lighter striker springs in both guns, one pound's worth in one gun, 1.25 pounds in the other, and the polishing was the rest. The polishing also reduced the gritty, creepy feel to the triggers.

RagingBee likes this.
  4. RagingBee

RagingBee New Member

What does reducing the striker spring do? And it sounds like the expensive drop in triggers are overrated then?

5. adc100

adc100 Member Supporter

I personally think a light trigger on a SD firearm is a bad idea. I think a reputable SD instructor will tell you the same thing. In a SD mode you pull the trigger and don't make love to it. Also you are liable to discharge too soon. And then there is the issue of reset feel of the trigger. If you are using the firearm strictly as a target gun..no problem.

RagingBee likes this.
  6. glockamoli

glockamoli New Member

The sear directly engages the striker, so a lighter spring would provide less friction, therefore less pull weight.

The drop-in trigger group I bought wasn't worth the money I paid but it's the only one I've had experience with so I wouldn't generalize that they're all overrated from just one example.

RagingBee likes this.
  7. macmakaveli

macmakaveli New Member

8. SixG17s

SixG17s Well-Known Member

Sear? Striker? not on a Glock. Trigger bar, connector and firing pin. Aftermarket triggers are for competition, that's all. They do not replace the fundamentals of pistol shooting: stance, grip, sight picture and trigger control.

[​IMG]

RagingBee likes this.
  9. TXSCOOTERGUY

TXSCOOTERGUY New Member

What is part number 36?

RagingBee likes this.
  10. Overkill338

Overkill338 The Underwood Advocate Supporter

36 is one of the New York trigger springs. They increase trigger pull weight.

NY1 Green - 8 lbs
    NY2 Orange - 11 lbs

If you run a NY1 with a 3.5# connector, you get a nice feeling 5.5# trigger IMO.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
    RagingBee likes this.
  11. Buckmark22

Buckmark22 New Member

I

12. Buckmark22

Buckmark22 New Member

I

13. Buckmark22

Buckmark22 New Member

I put the Ghost trigger and the RYG stainless safety plunger in mine. Kept all stock springs.
    Made for a smooth pull and a bit of pounds off the pull.
    Not going any further.

14. Buckmark22

Buckmark22 New Member

The top of my glock safety plunger was rough and was not going to drimel it down. Titanium is soft so not going there.

15. SixG17s

SixG17s Well-Known Member

100-002-746WB
    Trigger Spring, NY 2 Orange

Mfr Part: 7412

GLOCK

16. Buckmark22

Buckmark22 New Member

All springs after the ghost trigger and safety plunger are stock. I didn't really want to lighten the trigger but a smooth pull. The ghost trigger did back the the pull up maybe a pound with glock springs. Made a bunch of difference.

17. Buckmark22

Buckmark22 New Member

I bought all parts off eBay. No idea abut #.

18. Buckmark22

Buckmark22 New Member

To add. Put a Lone Wolf barrel on. The stock barrel shoots better for me.

19. ArsonDave

ArsonDave Moderator Staff Member

If you like them, keep them that way. That's me, and that's the way I run my pistols. I personally don't buy into the the issue about accuracy and such with a lightened trigger for a self defense pistol. When that adrenaline dump occurs, I'm pretty satisfied that I won't know the difference between a 4 and 7 pound trigger pull. ;)

If you were shooting bullseye, I'd agree that a lightened trigger makes a difference. You're shooting a "defense" pistol where all you're looking for is combat accuracy, not precision. Besides, if you're dealing with aftermarket parts, you risk the chance of problems.

That said, if you're dealing with a range only gun, make all the changes you want. The paper won't be fighting back. Good luck.

Dave

RagingBee likes this.
  20. Buckmark22

Buckmark22 New Member

I will. I'm 70, don't carry and am all range. Didn't want a lighter trigger but a smoother pull. Made couple of miner adjustments, but kept stock springs. Much better. No dremil or filing.

Godfrey1974 likes this.