Glock Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
149 Posts
NEVER hammer it out, or use any excessive force at all. When everything lines up correctly it can easily be pushed out. Normally this means manipulating the slide stop, either up or pushed down, while applying light pressure to one side of the trigger pin. Never force it. Try gently pushing down on the slide stop lever 'tab' (where the magazine follower pushes up the slide stop) along with simultaneous gentle pressure to the trigger pin.

· Premium Member
10,767 Posts
I have done that. No Good.
At the base of the slide stop in the guns frame is a coil spring take a punch and depress the coil spring with one punch and hold it and with the other hand take the Glock punch and press it against the trigger pin and it will come right out slick as you please. By pressing down on the coil spring it takes pressure off the slide stop and the hole in the stop floats center thus allowing the trigger pin to come out with no fuss or muss.
It would be great if we had 3 hands to accomplish some tasks,I do luv the improvements in the Glock Gen 5 's.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This is embarrassing! I took the Glock to the dealer where I purchased it from. The fellow removed the slide, set it on a 1/4 mouse pad. Took a Glock pin removal tool. Put it on the pin and proceeded to punch it out by hammering it with the palm of his hand. It came right out. I think he has hands of a plumber! I told him next time I wanted to do this, I would bring the gun back to him.

Thanks for all your help.
Ron

· Registered
189 Posts
Post 13,
Similarly, I just use firm pressure with the palm of my hand and a Glock-tool (gun over some kind of armorer's block/duct tape roll/etc.). "Hammering", even with just my hand, is unneeded.

· Legitimate Combatant
8,370 Posts
This is embarrassing! I took the Glock to the dealer where I purchased it from. The fellow removed the slide, set it on a 1/4 mouse pad. Took a Glock pin removal tool. Put it on the pin and proceeded to punch it out by hammering it with the palm of his hand. It came right out. I think he has hands of a plumber! I told him next time I wanted to do this, I would bring the gun back to him.

Thanks for all your help.
Ron
Easy peasy, lemon squeezy!!

Glad you got this remedied.

I have only had pin issues with 80% builds.
The ones with issues were not my own, but others asking for assistance.

· Registered
149 Posts
Sorry I should have been more clear. I want to install a Ghost Connector.
I bought a Glock with a Ghost Connector installed, made the slide more difficult to rack at the beginning of the pull, like it was hanging up on something, I'm assuming it was the connector pressing against the part of the slide it contacts, the extra angle of the connector pushing further out, making it more difficult to cycle. Although the trigger felt much smoother, I sure didn't want it to cause any cycling problems, I went back to factory original on it. Your experience may be different, however.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts