Trigger lock Help

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Herrontt, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Herrontt

Herrontt New Member

Im looking for a decent trigger lock that will fit on my gun in the glock case. I bought a lock from bass pro shop but it is very bulky. Anyone have any suggestions?

2. flightmedic76

flightmedic76 New Member

From what I am reading is that trigger locks don't typically seat right on Glocks since it seats in front of the trigger. That would be a potential disaster if you have a carry permit and keep it loaded. I was looking for the same thing and ended up going with the Gun Vault Nano 200. It locks and can also be secured to your vehicle if you so desire. It's made of 18 gauge steel, so it should also be durable. Got it for $25 through Botach Tactical. Hopefully it'll show up later this week.

3. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

If you really need a lock, why not just use the cable lock that came with the gun?

If you are trying to store the gun loaded, I think a trigger lock is a bad idea for several reasons.

4. Herrontt

Herrontt New Member

That's what I decided to do, I'm not sure if IL law required trigger lock. But I will not have loaded guns in my house I have 3 year old and a new baby. Lol plus the wife wouldn't like it.

5. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

I have young kids too. Why don't you get a pistol safe and keep it on your nightstand? You can pick them up real cheap.

6. Herrontt

Herrontt New Member

I'm using that cable lock now with the case and looking for a safe. Was considering a sentry safe from home depot. They any good?

7. chadsaalfrank

chadsaalfrank New Member

If you are simply looking for a way to keep the kids from being able to access handguns, check out pistol safe by stack-on. Very inexpensive, but I wouldn't depend on it as a theft deterrent or fire rated, but decent "hands off" solution for very cheep.

8. bks365

bks365 New Member

I just picked up a safe with the 4 digital code on the front. Kids can't get into it. It stays loaded and if I need it I can have it in my hand in 3 seconds. And the safe was only $39

9. nyycanseco33

nyycanseco33 Well-Known Member Supporter

If you are storing your Glock with just a lock then I recommend using the supplied red cable lock, obviously you can't have your mag in the gun with the cable lock but that is fine... As far as trigger lock its really not a good idea, I'm assuming if you're looking for a trigger lock that you intend on having a loaded mag inserted in it? If so then a trigger lock on a loaded gun really defeats the purpose of why you loaded it in the first place... I highly suggest that if you intend on storing your Glock with a full mag that you invest and mount a good durable gun safe (biometric are quite popular nowadays) without a lock installed on the gun itself.

Storing it in the Glock case (even the Glock lockable case) is fine for temporary storage or transport but should really never be used for long term storage and the biometric safe would be an acceptable substitute for it

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  10. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

Unless you spend thousands of dollars on a safe the only thing it really accomplishs is keeping kids out. That said, I would just use a cheap Stack-On brand unless you want to spend a ton of money to get fire protection