Trigger Lag

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by Jackson03, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Jackson03

Jackson03 New Member

Bought the ghost trigger a while back and there is a noticeable difference in the weight, but there is lag. I pull the trigger back and when it fires I can notice some wiggle room. Is that normal? It doesn't seem crisp. I polished the moving metal parts. Any suggestions?

2. Ghost23

Ghost23 New Member

What all parts did you buy? I have the entire kit.

3. Jackson03

Jackson03 New Member

I have the spring and the connector. I looked it up and it said I need the orange back plate for it to work smoothly, is that true? I got the kit from cheaper than dirt. I have had it on for a while but I guess I just started to notice since I have been shooting a little more.

4. Ghost23

Ghost23 New Member

Which springs? There's three different springs

5. Jackson03

Jackson03 New Member

3.5 lb is the one that I purchased

6. Ghost23

Ghost23 New Member

There's the safety plunger spring, the sear spring, and the firing pin spring. You bought all three plus the connector?

7. zipper046

zipper046 Member Supporter

The "wiggle room" is over-travel. This is normal. To remove you can buy an ejector housing from Lone Wolf or other sites, that has small set screws drilled into it. These set screws act as "stops" on the trigger bar/sear tab limiting its forward and backward movement , effectively reducing pre-travel and over- travel. You use a small Allen wrench to adjust them. Directions are supplied and you can google it also.

The orange back plate is not needed for your kit to run. The orange backplate is an Armorers backplate and is literally a normal plate cut in half across. When installed This allows you to see the sear engagement operate. Very helpful if you are doing alot of polishing or playing around with trigger configurations to get a lighter trigger.