Trigger Job

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by CBS, May 9, 2012.

1. CBS

CBS New Member

So, Glock 's come with a trigger pull at of 5.5 lbs. I've read several articles that advocate changing the connector to make a 3.5 lbs pull. The pluses are supposed to be increased accuracy and speed. I'm concerned about safety. Has anyone made this conversion? If so, what are your thoughts?

2. steverich88

steverich88 New Member

I changed my trigger to 3.5 ghost and love it

3. I've heard that changing the connector does not change that actual pull weight. You have to change springs for that. I could be wrong.

4. I got the Ghost Ultimate 3.5 connector and 6lb trigger spring on order that should be in today. Reports are that with that setup, I should have about a 3lb pull. Once I get it installed and tested at the range, I'll post my results.

5. I run a 2.5-3lb trigger weight...

Personally... I love it but I am VERY careful with a loaded firearm. Its almost always in a Mike P trigger thingy too though... never be too safe.

Its like squeezing butter with a very loud bang at the end.

6. I bought the Ghost 3.5 ultimate kit and after buying a Dremmel kit and several calls to the company, had everything installed and working on my G23gen4. It was smooth and fast, but I found myself unintentionally double-tapping. That was it for me, and I pulled everything off and converted back to stock.

Then, since I now knew how to totally disassemble the trigger system , I broke it completely down and soaked everything in Ballistol for an hour and then lightly polished/buffed the metal parts with the wire brush Dremmel attachment.

Now this I like! Trigger operates slicker than donkey snot! Kinda an upgrade to the $0.25 Glock trigger job idea.

7. Should have also note that after buffing metal, I did a second Ballistol bath for the metal parts, then wiped everything down and reassembled. I did the same to my G19 and 26 with similar positive results.

8. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Regular Guy

I have the 3.5 connector in all my Glocks except my G-27 which is my EDC. If you every find yourself in a sticky situation with you heart racing, the last thing you want is a very light trigger. Yes, I know, keep your finger out of the trigger job until target is aquired and you intend to fire. Still, just my 2 cents.

9. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

I'm with Birddog on this. No modifications on mine either...all my Glocks are carry carry weapons. I do not have a "range" Glock.

10. Agree totally. FYI, cleaning up the parts for me did not result in lower trigger pull (still have all OEM Glock parts), rather it is simply much smoother...less grainy feel, if that makes sense.

11. I just installed ghosts 3.5 rocket and the wolf 6lb striker and LOVE IT! I live in nj where concealed carry is very hard to get!Unless you are a retired police officer it is almost impossible to get.I think 3.5 is the lightest I would go .

12. ckuenzer331

ckuenzer331 Member

I've heard that a 3.5 connector and a NY 1 trigger spring make a trigger feel of about 4.5-5.5 lbs. Anyone have any experience with this?

13. ckuenzer331

ckuenzer331 Member

Another item... Our old range officer put NY 1 trigger springs in our duty 21s. Most of our deps can't hit squat with those in and most have gotten them changed back to stock. Just an FYI...