Trigger job

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by jelder, Feb 19, 2012.

1. jelder

jelder New Member

Recently just did a 25 cent trigger job on my 30. For people who don't know what that is, it's where you buff all your contact points on your internals. This made a huge difference. But does anyone know the actual poundage difference when u do this?

Attached Files:

2. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

@Jelder

The only way to know with any accuracy is to check yur own work with a trigger pull gage.

Each one is different.

3. jelder

jelder New Member

Wonder what the average is on it though?

4. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

My G26, with 3.5# connector installed and nothing else, no polishing or anything, the measured trigger pull is 4 pounds 7.1 ounces (that's less than 4.5 pounds), measured with a Lyman trigger pull gage. She has had I would imagine over 10,000 rounds thru her.

The average pull weight (meaning I measure 5 times, add the measurements up, and then divide by 5) is 4 pounds 4 ounces.

Unless you measure it yourself, you will never know. Perhaps you can take it to a local gunsmith and ask him to measure it for you? Shouldn't cost anything to do this.

Variations in manufacture and assembly, as well as level of wear, can have a large effect on measured trigger pull weight, so it is best to have your Glock measured and not to rely on any one else's measurement.

Not very helpful, I know, sorry....

5. EvilD

EvilD New Member

Doing just the polishing shouldn't' change your pull weight, just makes it smoother.

6. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

Just did the trigger job. Trigger pull feels alot smoother... :)

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  7. jelder

jelder New Member

It's can change your trigger pull! Def lightened mine up!!!

8. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

Oh and i used Mothers polish. 8oz bottle for 5 bucks even at walmart.

All glocks triggers are different but the average i would say would be 5 pounds, IMO.

9. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

When I do revolver trigger jobs, I first use Flitz and a dremel, then follow-up with red jeweler's rouge with Dremel and very very light pressure.

10. I love Flitz. I use a combination of that and mothers for my polish jobs.

11. EvilD

EvilD New Member

your feeling the smoothness.

12. jelder

jelder New Member

Nah.....!!

13. EvilD

EvilD New Member

If you think so.