Glock Firearms banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently just did a 25 cent trigger job on my 30. For people who don't know what that is, it's where you buff all your contact points on your internals. This made a huge difference. But does anyone know the actual poundage difference when u do this?

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Happysniper1 said:
@Jelder

The only way to know with any accuracy is to check yur own work with a trigger pull gage.

Each one is different.
Wonder what the average is on it though?

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
My G26, with 3.5# connector installed and nothing else, no polishing or anything, the measured trigger pull is 4 pounds 7.1 ounces (that's less than 4.5 pounds), measured with a Lyman trigger pull gage. She has had I would imagine over 10,000 rounds thru her.

The average pull weight (meaning I measure 5 times, add the measurements up, and then divide by 5) is 4 pounds 4 ounces.

Unless you measure it yourself, you will never know. Perhaps you can take it to a local gunsmith and ask him to measure it for you? Shouldn't cost anything to do this.

Variations in manufacture and assembly, as well as level of wear, can have a large effect on measured trigger pull weight, so it is best to have your Glock measured and not to rely on any one else's measurement.

Not very helpful, I know, sorry....

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
EvilD said:
Doing just the polishing shouldn't' change your pull weight, just makes it smoother.
It's can change your trigger pull! Def lightened mine up!!!

·
Lead Farmer
2,882 Posts
Oh and i used Mothers polish. 8oz bottle for 5 bucks even at walmart.

jelder said:
Wonder what the average is on it though?
All glocks triggers are different but the average i would say would be 5 pounds, IMO.

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
When I do revolver trigger jobs, I first use Flitz and a dremel, then follow-up with red jeweler's rouge with Dremel and very very light pressure.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts