Glock Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the first 80% handgun I've built. When I installed the two pins that go through the trigger shoe, the locking block and the slide release, (the larger pin was very hard to get in, mucho hammering) the trigger seems to reset manually but it is very, very tight. After manually cocking the trigger, I pull the trigger and it moves the trigger bar back but no 'click'. Also, as you can see from the image, the slide release spring is sticking out beside the trigger shoe.
When trying all the parts out before installing the pins, all seemed to work well. Even got the 'click'. What happened? Why is it so tight? Why did the slide release spring come out beside the trigger?
Thank you.
Automotive tire Bumper Rim Automotive exterior Automotive design

·
Legitimate Combatant
7,248 Posts
The slide stop lever spring is clearly bent too far down.

I took a picture with flash just to show the spring is barely visible.
Hood Sleeve Automotive tire Grey Personal protective equipment

Also a view from the top showing the spring.
Automotive tire Rim Automotive wheel system Engineering Electric blue

Trigger pin should not need a brutal pounding. The grooves in it are ment to lock the slide stop lever in place and prevent pin drift. The pin should always be installed from the trigger bar side to avoid passing over both grooves. To remove movement of the slide stop lever is needed to release it from the groove in the trigger pin.

Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
8,483 Posts
As Olga said the release spring is bent out of place,I have bent them where they need to/should be.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the feedback. I’ll disassemble it and try bending the spring.
My main concern, though, is the tightness. The slide stop can be pushed up but will not fall back on its own. The trigger is very tight.
Plus, I’ll need to find out why the big pin was so hard to hammer in. It looks clear when looking through the holes.

·
Premium Member
8,483 Posts
Olga nailed it,correct as he suggests and you should be good to go.

Reactions: Olga17

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When reassembling the parts in question, it’s entirely possible I missed the hole in the slide lock the first time around.🤬 Watching the video posted by Danzig helped get everything working as it should. Maybe one day I can shoot this thing.🤞
Now onto the slide assembly.
Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There was one issue with the slide assembly: when trying to put on the slide cover plate, I couldn’t get the extractor plunger assembly to go down far enough to close the cover. It was just a hair to high. I had to employ my better half to tap on the punch I was using to get the thing down. It worked (I hope).
I’ve included some pix of the finished product as well as one of a spring I found under the work bench. I have no idea what it goes to because I have also put together three 80% rifles. All guns work.
Range day tomorrow for the Freedom Wolf.
Blue Rectangle Electric blue Gun accessory Fashion accessory

Electric blue Gun accessory Metal Composite material Fashion accessory
Wood Font Rectangle Auto part Metal
Blue Rectangle Electric blue Gun accessory Fashion accessory
Electric blue Gun accessory Metal Composite material Fashion accessory

Wood Font Rectangle Auto part Metal

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Trigger Reset Update: I tore the gun completely down, cleaned all the oil off and reassembled it. I watched a vid about trigger issues so I ever so slightly bent out the connector. Nothing helped. At the range today the same things happened, or more correctly, didn't happen. On the hit and miss occasion when the gun fired, the trigger would not reset. If I manually rack the slide with a loaded mag inserted the trigger may or may not reset. If it did reset, it light striked about half the time. With no mag inserted and manually racking the slide, it resets about 90% of the time.
FWIW: When it's cocked, the trigger bar can still be pushed forward a tiny amount. I used four different brands of 9mm.
Why are these things happening intermittently? You would think it's either a go or no go situation.
I've included some pix of the trigger and cruciform area in cocked and decocked positions if it helps.
This is getting really frustrating especially since I don't have a range in my backyard and have to travel 40 minutes to the range (at these gas prices) and pay the range fees just to test it.
I'd throw the whole thing in a drawer and forget about it but not my style. Hopefully I'll get it fixed but if all else fails, I'll admit failure and take it to a gunsmith.
Font Material property Rectangle Tints and shades Wood

Rectangle Stairs Font Engineering Metal

Material property Font Gas Tints and shades Metal

Wood Material property Gas Door Font

Cake Rectangle Wood Baked goods Font

Camera accessory Gas Font Liquid Office equipment

Thank you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts