Glock Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Your grip is too low. Hold your gun like this.
I will try that. But it would seem that since my strong hand ring finger is already as far up the grip as it will go, that raise the web up higher will just point my trigger finger down more and rub the inside of the trigger guard more. No?

A trigger guard relief seems as if it would be more helpful.

·
Registered
3 Posts
There's a YouTuber with the channel Gun Sam Revolver Aficiondo and he says his finger gets pinched under the trigger on a Taurus 856 revolver. When I first heard him say that I remember thinking "Then stop pulling the trigger that way". Maybe you have exceptionally large hands and you can't help it but my first advice would be to stop doing that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Bob
I had the same issue with my 43X. It pinched the edge of my finger terribly!!
Interestingly I Have a Springfield XDS which is exactly the same size and no problem. So I put in a overwatch precision trigger with a flatter face and a small kick out like your example picture. Took a chance but works wonderfully! Overwatch precision totally solved it.
Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have struggled with the same issue for years. The Glock has ~22 degree grip angle and the 1911 is ~19 degrees. It may not seem like much but for many hands it is significant. I took a Dave Spaulding class last year and he solved it for me.....sort of. Turns out to get a "proper" grip on a stock Glock I had to inflict some pain and adjust my grip so that my middle finger knuckle was painfully crushed up into the the rear of the trigger guard. The callous that is developed is called "Glock knuckle" and is the incentive for the Dremel modifications. The other component that more helpful and easier to make a habit involved my strong hand thumb. Relax it and raise it up like a flag. You will feel the bone contact the frame. I saw my sight picture improve immediately. I just had to make a habit of how far to "raise the flag" on my draw stroke. I have to carry a stock Glock and have learned to compensate for the finger drag. I have also noted that the grip angle and ergonomics are a lot better on the 80P frames. Good luck.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts