Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My natural grip on a Glock means that my trigger finger drags on the inside bottom of the trigger guard as I pull the trigger.

Has someone here found that a trigger with a 'tip' at the end like the Apex (shown below) is any help for that?
Sleeve Gesture Automotive exterior Font Bumper

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Correct your grip. Engaging just the tip of the trigger is likely having an impact on your accuracy and consistency. I am betting that you have a tendency to shoot low and to the left?
No, I shoot where I aim. I place my trigger finger so that the first segment of that finger is straight and parallel to the frame. That way I can pivot the finger at the first knuckle and not influence the trigger right or left. As I press the trigger back, the last segment of my finger drags the bottom of the trigger guard. But it only does this on Glocks; none of my other guns.

· Registered
2,412 Posts
No, I shoot where I aim. I place my trigger finger so that the first segment of that finger is straight and parallel to the frame. That way I can pivot the finger at the first knuckle and not influence the trigger right or left. As I press the trigger back, the last segment of my finger drags the bottom of the trigger guard. But it only does this on Glocks; none of my other guns.
It sure sounds like you are gripping the gun too low. Do you have a photo of you gripping the gun?

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It sure sounds like you are gripping the gun too low. Do you have a photo of you gripping the gun?
If anything, it's gripping the gun too high (but there is no such thing). With my strong hand firmly up on the beavertail, there is a 'downhill' slope of my trigger finger to the trigger. That puts the bottom of my trigger fingertip in contact with the inside of the trigger guard and is why I wonder if a 'tip' on the end of a straight trigger might help.

I'll have to see about getting a picture to illustrate better.

· Registered
101 Posts
My natural grip on a Glock means that my trigger finger drags on the inside bottom of the trigger guard as I pull the trigger.

Has someone here found that a trigger with a 'tip' at the end like the Apex (shown below) is any help for that?
View attachment 271971
There's a YouTuber with the channel Gun Sam Revolver Aficiondo and he says his finger gets pinched under the trigger on a Taurus 856 revolver. When I first heard him say that I remember thinking "Then stop pulling the trigger that way". Maybe you have exceptionally large hands and you can't help it but my first advice would be to stop doing that.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
To me, your grip looks too low. When I shoot Glocks I have to use the extended beavertail. If I don't the slide will cut into the webbing between my thumb and trigger finger. That is how high I am gripping. I will try and post a photo later.
Maybe. But the higher the web of my finger gets on the gun, the more my trigger finger has to point down to get on the trigger, and the more it drags.

I'd like to see your pictures.

· Glockin’ since 1993
51,479 Posts

· Glockin’ since 1993
51,479 Posts
Does that rigger help or solve the problem?
That was the first thing I noticed when I installed the trigger. I’ve got a number of Glocks and I shoot that particular one probably less than most. But it seems to be a cure for the dragging issue.
Here’s a couple of pics of the gun. Glock19.
Air gun Everyday carry Trigger Gun accessory Gun barrel

Hand Air gun Trigger Finger Gun barrel

· Glockin’ since 1993
51,479 Posts
I got one of the first Glock triggers CMC produced. I have a bunch of CMC triggers in my AR’s and love them. I was expecting a single stage like 3.5 pound pull like the AR trigger and was disappointed that other than the shoe it didn’t feel all that much different from the stock pull.
It’s not that the CMC Glock trigger was bad as it was I anticipated something radically different like the new Timney Glock trigger.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts