Glock Firearms banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:confused:

Trigger bar Question
Hello, We'd like to change out the trigger bars in our gen 4 glock 17 & 26 to gen 3 trigger bars. We think the bump may be causing a drag on the trigger.
Changing out to gen 3 might help smooth up the trigger. Plus it looks like a place to wear out the slide faster than in the gen 3 with no bump.
Is changing them out going to cause any problems.
Thanks
Clancy

·
Certified Glock Armorer
11,359 Posts
Causes no problems.. But really after testing won't help much either. Found that more stock gen4's actually have a lighter trigger than gen3's. I just polish it and all the trigger components really well, 3.5lb connector and 6lb trigger spring.

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
Causes no problems.. But really after testing won't help much either. Found that more stock gen4's actually have a lighter trigger than gen3's. I just polish it and all the trigger components really well, 3.5lb connector and 6lb trigger spring.
+1.

people with big brains and engineering degrees with letters behind them designed it that way for a reason. Not to say you can't "improve" on "perfection", but it is there for a reason.

HTH
D

·
Registered
134 Posts
Morning Clancy

It might help & might make it worse.

I have a late build Gen4 G-22 that came with the new trigger bar with the bump on it. You could feel a little drag on the trigger as it came out of the box.

I polished the heck out if that trigger bar tit & lightly tweaked the trigger bar to reduce tit to slide contact (still touches but very lightly).
That slicked the pull up to be fairly decent.

I then tried a Gen3 trigger bar without the bump that was highly polished before installing. The Gen3 non bump trigger bar actually raised the trigger pull poundage slightly & was no smoother than the original polished one was.

You might try polishing your original then seeing what you have. If you do put the Gen3 bar in you will have a baseline to compare to.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It works

Hi Folks, Installed the 3.5 OEM connector and the gen 3 trigger bar in my gen 4 17. Its very smooth.. I'll have it out to the range this weekend for a full test " defensive pistol "

Thanks much for all the input and thoughts on this.

Clancy

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Range Tested

Hi Folks, Took the 17 out to the range today and participated in a defensive pistol course offered at one of our local ranges. " RRGC" I like my 17 a lot.
Its very accurate. The 3.5 lb connector and Gen3 trig bar are a great combination.. The Tru-glo sights are awesome. And the Skate board tape at the rear of the slide makes racking a snap. I'm ready for GSSF in August.

Clancy...

Attachments

·
Certified Glock Armorer
11,359 Posts
Hi Folks, Took the 17 out to the range today and participated in a defensive pistol course offered at one of our local ranges. " RRGC" I like my 17 a lot.
Its very accurate. The 3.5 lb connector and Gen3 trig bar are a great combination.. The Tru-glo sights are awesome. And the Skate board tape at the rear of the slide makes racking a snap. I'm ready for GSSF in August.

Clancy...
Glad you like it! Have you thought about adding a 6lb trigger spring? I have them in all my glocks, also polish all the trigger components

1 - 7 of 7 Posts