Glock Firearms banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few months back I picked up a Stevens 620 stupid cheap, guy bought a house, found it in the attic, wife wouldnt let him keep it, it was all rusty on the out side, he sprayed it with wd 40 and posted it on craigslist, I was in the right place at the right time, internals look great, no rust at all! So, I want to turn it into a trench gun, will be a long term project a I can't justify the price of the heat shield/bayonet lug. Here are before and after pics, I dura coated it tactical black

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
VERY nice.
Did you re-crown the barrel yourself? Someone has to make a bayo-lug that you can drop on there for cheap.

Or you can rail it and put a chainsaw (pole saw) attachment on the front... Or a Machete. ;)

Have you done anything with the wood bits?

I didnt' realize Craigslist allowed firearms postings.

There's nothing like taking something "Worn out" and making it new again, EH?

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
VERY nice.
Did you re-crown the barrel yourself? Someone has to make a bayo-lug that you can drop on there for cheap.

Or you can rail it and put a chainsaw (pole saw) attachment on the front... Or a Machete. ;)

Have you done anything with the wood bits?

I didnt' realize Craigslist allowed firearms postings.

There's nothing like taking something "Worn out" and making it new again, EH?
The knock off lug/shield is $125, the real deals are over $200. I did the barrel myself, haven't touched the wood yet, but will eventually strip it down and had rub some urethane into it, did it with a guitar neck and i really like the way it feels and looks.

·
Banned
740 Posts
I found a how to on refinishing wood stocks. It is VERY thorough . Let me see if I can find it. I printed it and bound it . Ill keep it to reference it in the future

1 - 8 of 8 Posts