Training questions

Discussion in 'GSSF / IDPA / Competition' started by jmiles50, May 6, 2012.

1. jmiles50

jmiles50 New Member

I'm just wondering if this is the appropriate sub forum to talking about traing issues and scenarios. I know this is for GSSF, and IDPA threads, but what about general traing questions?

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

This sub forum is as good as any...competitions and training go hand in hand...post away !

Last edited: May 6, 2012

3. jmiles50

jmiles50 New Member

OK cool, thx shooter

4. GlockYou

GlockYou New Member

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, fast is lethal. Practice practice practice!

5. jmiles50

jmiles50 New Member

Well, I'm thinking about starting a thread on real life training. Comments, advise, drills, and basically anything to do with "real life" training. I like to head out to the desert and set up drills to run, as I'm sure others on here do. It would be nice to have a place to run drills by other members, ask what someone else would do in a certain situation, and how to train for that.

6. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

Learning to operate your firearm is a first, most important operation and can take some skill learning that can be done without leaving the comfort of your home.

Dry firing seems to be the best training folks can get but you have to be willing to conduct it, and safety is a must. Not near as fancy as just blowing up 500 rounds at the range, as fast as you can, but I think you understand what I mean. It incorporates two ideas, sight picture and trigger control/reset.

Most shooters I see at the range with Glocks slap the triggers and quickly release for the next shot. Yea, they too wonder why they can't hit the broad side of the barn.... and then blame the gun.

It's a simple matter that can be addressed and corrected with some training.

7. Oddball Gunner

Oddball Gunner New Member

Here's a good place to start with some drills: pistol-training.com

Another thing is search Youtube for idpatv's 150 round practice. I created an Excel sheet with score boxes and what not. I'll try to attach it later.

8. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Nice link! Gunna put that to good use!