Glock Firearms banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New trader Joe's in the Wayne PA area has a new manager. Where folks could open carry previously, this new guy is telling people NO.

http://forum.pafoa.org/open-carry-144/183571-trader-joes-wayne-not-oc-friendly.html

Ironically, this guy is British AND you can see (in the distance) the Valley Forge National Park from this store location.

Maybe he's bitter that the Americans' Right to have arms and our proficiency with them is the reason why we're not subjects of the crown today? ;)

What are you local Trader Joe's like in regards to OC and CC?

D

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
247 Posts
In my state it isn't a crime to ignore public buildings signs. If they see you have a gun (which no one should anyhow) they can ask you to leave. If you don't then there's a problem like you stated

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In my state it isn't a crime to ignore public buildings signs. If they see you have a gun (which no one should anyhow) they can ask you to leave. If you don't then there's a problem like you stated
yep. same in PA. more of a issue with this company being initially OC friendly and now this local manager reversing it.

D

·
Registered
247 Posts
dwcfastrice said:
yep. same in PA. more of a issue with this company being initially OC friendly and now this local manager reversing it.

D
That's dumb. That'll keep criminals out of his store lol

·
Hail Commifornia
6,370 Posts
I never saw a sign stating that they weren't allowed so I always carried.

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It could be just that location where they won't allow. He said there is a new manager there, so that is probably just the local store's policy, not the company's policy.
COrrect. From what we understand (the OP is my co-worker), TJ's has a "adhere to local state law". PA is an open carry not-prohibited state.

As he is not the "owner" of the property and the company does not have a no-firearms policy, the anti-gun manager should keep his mouth shut and not make his own company policy.

D

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
No signs at any of the stores here, but I only CC anyway. OC is legal, I just choose not to do it. And, the signs don't carry force of law here anyway, so all they can do is ask you to leave.

Next time I'm in, I'll have to ask the store manager. We talk all the time.

I think, in the case of that location, that I would email TJ's corporate, via their website, and complain.

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No signs at any of the stores here, but I only CC anyway. OC is legal, I just choose not to do it. And, the signs don't carry force of law here anyway, so all they can do is ask you to leave.

Next time I'm in, I'll have to ask the store manager. We talk all the time.

I think, in the case of that location, that I would email TJ's corporate, via their website, and complain.
CHeck out the link in the Original Post. the individual in question actually spoke to someone at corporate.
and there is an update.

D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.