Glock Firearms banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
See the front of the top of the barrel, how it's missing the paint/finish?

I'm guessing that this is from not enough oil under the top of the slide?

Am I correct?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Yeah, that's the Glock birthmark. Nothing you can do will stop it. The only Glocks that don't have them are NIB and I've seen a few that have it started just from the factory test fire.

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
Yup! Both of the previous posts are correct.

·
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK. Good. I was worried that I was missing something when I was cleaning my 19.

Thanks for the replies everyone!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I would say probably not but that "Wear Mark" is further back than any of my Glocks (I will say than my 5 45's both 21's and 30's) But my 17 is at my Brothers I think it had identical marks on it. I am waiting for my Brother to get back with me on it! Here are what my most SHot G30's and G21's look like. I used these two because they have the most wear and most rounds. Both have no less than 10,000 rounds and the G30 is my every day carry and the one I shoot the Most!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
sgtcowboyusmc said:
I would say probably not but that "Wear Mark" is further back than any of my Glocks (I will say than my 5 45's both 21's and 30's) But my 17 is at my Brothers I think it had identical marks on it. I am waiting for my Brother to get back with me on it! Here are what my most SHot G30's and G21's look like. I used these two because they have the most wear and most rounds. Both have no less than 10,000 rounds and the G30 is my every day carry and the one I shoot the Most!
You have a non beveled barrel hood which is why your wear marks are different. Your 17 will be identical to his because it has the bevel.

·
Registered
284 Posts
kodiak said:
You have a non beveled barrel hood which is why your wear marks are different. Your 17 will be identical to his because it has the bevel.
Interesting, I didn't know there was a difference. I have a G17 Gen4 with 900 rounds fired and no visible wear, I'm sure it will start to show soon enough.

·
Banned
4,604 Posts
Like others have stated, 100% completely normal.

All of my Gen3's look like the OP's but all of the Gen4's look like sgt's, right on the very front edge. This Gen4 is approaching 10k rounds......

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
yep, it happens, its normal, its unavoidable

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
Looks like I misspoke about the 17. It looks like it has a lower profile bevel as compared to the 19, which is why the wear marks are not exactly the same.

Here is a shot of some of my 19's. The top two are Gen 4's.

Attachments

·
Banned
4,604 Posts
Looks like I misspoke about the 17. It looks like it has a lower profile bevel as compared to the 19, which is why the wear marks are not exactly the same.

Here is a shot of some of my 19's. The top two are Gen 4's.
Your Gen4's look like my Gen3's. Strange, why is it some wear one way and others wear another?

Eh....no big deal. They still goes bang.

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
Mike P said:
Your Gen4's look like my Gen3's. Strange, why is it some wear one way and others wear another?

Eh....no big deal. They still goes bang.
I don't know...I think the bevel on the 17 is more gradual than the 19's are. Do you have a Gen 4 19? I don't have a 17, and made the incorrect assumption that the barrel hoods would be the same. Based on your pic, the bevel does look different.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts