Glock Firearms banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
To each his own. I would put the 21,22, 17, 43X and 27 in my list in some order. I am not sure which Glocks I really favor. Some of the Glocks I own I haven't shot yet. I wont argue with your list though. The only Glocks I won't buy are the GAPs, I just don't see a future for those.
Forgive my ignorance but what are the GAPs?

·
Gunslinger
9,149 Posts
I been thinking over my top 5 Glock list. Here it goes...

1. Glock 19

2. Glock 20

3. Glock 32

4. Glock 30

5. Glock 29

Side note... I carry a Glock .357 subcompact 80% of the time, but think the 32 is probably a better all around pic. Also the 19, could be substituted with the 26 with some 19 mags & xgrip, imho.
And the 27 can be converted to a 26 or a 32 using conversion barrels. The 40 cals are very versatile.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
35,763 Posts
GAP 45. Glock Automatic Pistol 45cal. Developed for Glock models 37, 38 and 39. One of Gaston's few bad ideas.
It somewhat makes sense and if there was a 10 round mag limit nationwide it might’ve faired better.
A .45 that fits in the regular frame Glocks instead of the huge gripped 20/21 size pistols.
But alas even the few LE agencies that went for them, I believe have transitioned to 9mm guns.
Even Texas DPS went to 9mm from the fantastic.357Sig.:oops:

·
1,327 Posts
Since my experience is limited to the 5 Glocks I own, here is my top 5

G17
G19
G43x
G48
G44

I do want to get the 10mm and .45auto versions to add to my collection
All 9mm and a .22! I am not sold on the 9mm man stopping ability. Being a lighter recoiling round doesn't mean squat to me! I was raised on 40’s and losing 1 or 2 rounds in a mag is okay. Having the same size pistol is a plus. I do carry mini 9’s in shorts weather here in New Mexico, but it's not my preference. The 10mm is my favorite in a G29 with a shoulder holster with a vest or light jacket!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
377 Posts
All 9mm and a .22! I am not sold on the 9mm man stopping ability. Being a lighter recoiling round doesn't mean squat to me! I was raised on 40’s and losing 1 or 2 rounds in a mag is okay. Having the same size pistol is a plus. I do carry mini 9’s in shorts weather here in New Mexico, but it's not my preference. The 10mm is my favorite in a G29 with a shoulder holster with a vest or light jacket!!!!!!!!
I haven’t been a “gun guy” for very long. I inherited my first guns a couple years ago when my FIL passed.
When I purchased my Glocks, 9mm was relatively cheap and readily available. I wasn’t worried about stopping power. I have other guns for stopping power, albeit those aren’t for EDC.
Here in the Houston area, it’s almost always shorts weather so hiding a full sized pistol under a jacket is maybe possible 2 months out of the year. Heck, last week we had temps in the mid 70s

·
1,327 Posts
I haven’t been a “gun guy” for very long. I inherited my first guns a couple years ago when my FIL passed.
When I purchased my Glocks, 9mm was relatively cheap and readily available. I wasn’t worried about stopping power. I have other guns for stopping power, albeit those aren’t for EDC.
Here in the Houston area, it’s almost always shorts weather so hiding a full sized pistol under a jacket is maybe possible 2 months out of the year. Heck, last week we had temps in the mid 70s
If you liked Glocks, I agree with your choice!! Many ”gun experts” in the gun shops try to push the most expensive guns as the best! Not the way to go!!!! Not in my mind anyway!! Many might disagree but I go for ”reliablity”, endurance, practicality, and the best trigger I can find! For safety I limit the trigger pull to more than 3 pounds with minimal travel for carry guns. I have target guns that are less.

·
Banned
768 Posts
It somewhat makes sense and if there was a 10 round mag limit nationwide it might’ve faired better.
A .45 that fits in the regular frame Glocks instead of the huge gripped 20/21 size pistols.
But alas even the few LE agencies that went for them, I believe have transitioned to 9mm guns..:oops:
Bro is buying his G37 from the FHP. Just because it's his first duty weapon. The ballistics of that round was pretty decent. Yet 10+1(?) not good when they tell you you can only carry 3 spare mags.

They now have transitioned to the G45!

·
Gunslinger
9,149 Posts
Bro is buying his G37 from the FHP. Just because it's his first duty weapon. The ballistics of that round was pretty decent. Yet 10+1(?) not good when they tell you you can only carry 3 spare mags.

Hopefully he will never need more than 41 rounds. My G27 doesn't hold many either but I carry a G22 mag for extra.

Reactions: NQNPIII

·
Banned
768 Posts
Hopefully he will never need more than 41 rounds. My G27 doesn't hold many either but I carry a G22 mag for extra.
Like I said, he has a G45 now. So 51rds on his belt, and 17+1 in the gun.

He was always really good in competition with his G30SF. Only Glock he had! Frequently winning the heavy metal division or whatever they call it at the GSSF matches. It was his carry gun for many years.

·
Premium Member
12,862 Posts

Man I wouldn’t want to have to carry 10 + 1 as a uniformed officer. Maybe as a Detective.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts