Took what I think is a awesome photo of my 17

Discussion in 'Glock Photos' started by MikeTheGoalie, Mar 23, 2012.

1. MikeTheGoalie

MikeTheGoalie New Member

Was messing around with my SLR I got for Christmas. Took this in a dark room and held the shutter open as I moved a flash light around it. Came out great!! My desktop.

Attached Files:

2. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member Supporter

That is about the best picture of a Glock I've ever seen. Great job!

3. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Nice one! A bit dark (or is it my weak eyes?) but dark and sexy nonetheless!

Cheers!

4. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Almost looks sinister.

5. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

Thats one sexy g17...

6. MikeTheGoalie

MikeTheGoalie New Member

It is a bit dark but I wanted that dark, highlight look. Makes you really look at it.

It looks amazing on my ibook in high quailty and as my desktop. Almost catalog cover quailty.

7. GlockIt

GlockIt Carry on my friends!!!!

Awesome man heres my 17

Attached Files:

8. nyycanseco33

nyycanseco33 Well-Known Member Supporter

#1 nice gun

#2 that's one heck of a barrel, what do you use it for?

#3 where did you find the barrel that is that long? (I'm looking into buying an additional longer barrel for hunting purposes)

9. Matthew780

Matthew780 Very Sensitive Guy (^;)

That is just bad***. Great pic, man...

What do I owe ya for the wallpaper on my laptop?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  10. GlockIt

GlockIt Carry on my friends!!!!

1. Thanks.

2. I use it for target shooting and hopefully matches in the future. I would like to make it my shtf gun because it has very little recoil and how 9mm is the most common full size handgun round.

3. The barrel is a 5" 3-slot compensated Bar-sto semi-drop in match barrel. First time I shot it, I hit a 8.4 oz redbull can at 25yds on the 5th or 6th shot.

11. MikeTheGoalie

MikeTheGoalie New Member

Send me your email. I'll send you the picture in whatever size you want.

12. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

That is a good picture Mike!

13. Mike if you dont mind, let me get a high quality copy of that as well...

My desktop is 1024X768

[email protected]

14. Very nice shot... you're gonna have me setting up some shots this evening now.

15. Cruizer

Cruizer G17 G19

Love the lightning, can't wait to get a DSLR.

16. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

That's a great pic man

17. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting Member

The photo turned out real nice Mike !

18. MikeTheGoalie

MikeTheGoalie New Member

Thanks everyone. I amaze myself... Sometimes! LOL

Do it! I'd like to see them.

19. If you were to make the photo again, I'd recommend the use of a piece of white or gold posterboard. Have someone hold it near a window and reflect light onto the gun. Or you may try changing the exposure just a tad, perhaps just to overexposed it by 1/3.
    If on automatic, SLR cameras try to change the exposure in such a way that everything is neutral gray. In the old days of film, if you took a photo of a black card, the camera adjusts it (by overexposing) to produce a gray image. If you did the same with a white card, it would underexpose in such a way to produce an image of the same gray. I didn't believe it until I tried the experiment on my own.
    Of course, that being said, I would have thought the camera should have made this too light. Did you adjust the exposure manually, by telling it to Underexpose -1 or -2 ?

Scratch that last sentence, I just re-read you held shutter opened. You could get similar effects with natural light, and manually adjusting the exposure to your liking...

It's a great shot, nonetheless.

20. MikeTheGoalie

MikeTheGoalie New Member

I'm new to my Canon SLR. I've been playing around with over and under but find all the settings make an impact. It's a huge learning curve for me.

Here is a car shot I took playing with under exposing. You can see a car drove by as the shutter was open.

Attached Files: