Took my Grandson to the range

Discussion in 'Range Reports' started by chipinsc, Jul 15, 2012.

1. chipinsc

chipinsc New Member

Yesterday was an awesome day I took my 11 year old Grandson on his first range trip! we had a great time both G19's & the HP 995TS accompanied us to the range.
    I have to say I was very impressed with his natural shooting skills, this was the 2nd time that he has ever shot a firearm at all. He did really good with the G19. 95% of his shots were center mass at about 25'. I was also very pleased with his range etiquette. never had to remind him to keep it pointed downrange. we went though about 300 rounds. tried the "battleship targets" that is a tough little game LOL
    That being said it was just a great day of fun & bonding for us.
    what is better than throwing lead down range with a grandchild!!
    I also finally got my holster yesterday it is a n82tactical, so far I like it gotta get me some bigger britches though current ones are a bit tight while wearing it LOL

2. GastonGlock

GastonGlock New Member

That's great, a proverbial tear ran down my eye while reading this... I never had anyone to take me shooting or any of that kind of stuff, had to get into it on my own when I was already a bit older. Good to hear that your grandson has good discipline and firearm safety :)

3. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

Nice to hear. I enjoy taking my 15 year old with me .

4. I take my little brother sometimes and I love it. He's also a natural at it too & he's very safety conscious.

5. That's awesome! I take my 13 yr old son to range as often as I can. He's got a Ruger 10/22 and can drive tacks with it! He also likes shooting my G26! He can shoot it as well as I can! Talk about a knock to the ego! Lol! Jk! We have a lot of fun shooting! I've gotten my wife into shooting also, so we get to go more often now!!!! Lol!

6. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

That's wonderful chip. Sounds like you have a future sharpshooter there. :)

We don't have any grandchildren yet, but we recently got to work with a group of 1st time new young shooters and it was one of the most rewarding experiences we have ever had. I can't wait to do it again.

7. GastonGlock

GastonGlock New Member

I don't have any grandchildren, children, or even small cousins/nephews etc, Luckily for me I can be greedy and not have to spend a dime paying for ammo that someone else will get to shoot MUAHAHA!