Took four day handgun course with new G22

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by browntailguy, May 18, 2012.

1. browntailguy

browntailguy New Member

Just returned from Front Sight in Nevada and completed a four day defensive handgun course. Took my new gen4 G22. Four days 600 some rounds shot under time constraints and it worked flawlessly. I'm a 1911 guy through and through and my duty weapon is an H&K USP 40 (which I hate.). I also love my sig p239 40. However the flock was flawless in the desert. It was in the low 100's and the wind was blowing from 20-50 mph each day. I was impressed with the weapon. Zero issues with it after 1300 rounds fired through it. Using frog lube and it is nice. Only ran a bore snake through the barrel and wiped it down each night. Very reliable. A little big for carry and conceal but the G23 might be an option. To be honest I think glocks are ugly BUT they work well and are very reliable.

2. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

That's great browntailguy. I would love to go to Front Site. And I bet you get over the "uglies", I sure did. I think Glocks are beautiful - now.;)

3. NoMoss

NoMoss New Member

How was Front Site? I've read mixed review on-line.

4. browntailguy

browntailguy New Member

It was my first time there. I have a diamond membership which lets me take all the courses they offer for free. The training is great. I have been trained in the military and I am a federal LEO. I wasn't sure I would learn anything new but I did. There were 40 people in my class and they had 5-6 instructors on the line available for instruction so one on one was available. I was surprised. I recommend this training to anyone. The facilities were excellent even though you are in the middle of the desert. About 45 minute drive from Vegas and the hotels in pahrump were nice but reasonable. I will be going back in October for a practical rifle course and a handgun skill builder course. If you can get a deal on a membership I recommend it to anyone at all skill levels of shooting.

5. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

Good deal man...that's great!

6. NoMoss

NoMoss New Member

Browntailguy, that is great to hear. Guess I'll had that to the wish list.

7. NoMoss

NoMoss New Member

Also nice to know your Glock worked out so well!

8. Front Sight knows their stuff, and in my experience no matter who is teaching and the level of student there is always something new to learn.

9. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

You can send me the HK LOL.

What about it do you not like? Ive only shot the USP 9 myself, but loved it.

10. sgtcowboyusmc

sgtcowboyusmc New Member

Cool Browntailguy! I too have a Lifetime Membership and I have yet to go but want to soon (Too hot now for most but I live out here in the Desert so I still want to go. I got my Daughter a Lifetime Membership and will be buying her first carry pistol for her 21st Birthday in August!

11. Junior-G-man

Junior-G-man Beak 'em Hawks!

Me too! The thing I like most about Glocks is that they are so easy to personalize and customize. Like Star motorcycles...we build it, you make it your own. :D

12. browntailguy

browntailguy New Member

Reason I don't like the H&K is the magazine release button is engineered so poorly it is hard to get too. Why not have a button? That lever is horrible.