Too Much Ammo?

Discussion in 'Ammo & Reloading' started by Andyman85, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Andyman85

Andyman85 Active Member

I have few metal ammo cans that are marked with what’s inside. I have onecan to what type of caliber gun I have. They are not all filled yet, but close.Friends, family, and wife think I'm weird (crazy) for having for a small stockpile. I don't know why I'm collecting ammo or the reason behind it, but I am. What’severyone else’s ammo stock pile look like? Or am I the only one?

Attached Files:

• ammo.jpg
      ammo.jpg
      File size:
      40.2 KB
      Views:
  2. I ain't going to show my stock pile but I all ways say" If you know how much ammo you have, you don't have enough!" lol :p

3. EvilD

EvilD New Member

Thats like saying you have too much air.

4. Andyman85

Andyman85 Active Member

I have to use that one the next time someone says something. A Few of my friends have a 50-150 rounds and they said thats enough.

5. I go threw more then that every time I hit the range. :p

Good rule of thumb is at least 1,000 rounds per caliber at the minimum.

6. Eye_Peeled

Eye_Peeled 8th Gen. Fla Cracker (not creepy though)

What ammo? I don't have any.

7. hoovco

hoovco New Member

I have at least a case of ammo for every caliber. Never too much ammo. If you shoot a lot, it's worth buying a case.

8. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

I usually throw about 300 rounds down range per visit.

9. dwcfastrice

dwcfastrice Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Yeah, I WISH i had that much. I shoot more than I bring in. Kind of like how my wallet feels....

You're def. not crazy. You hear on the news "... and they confiscated over a thousands rounds of ammunition...". I think to myself, that's 3 weeks worth of shooting for me. That's not a lot. :rolleyes:

:D

Good on you for having a stockpile. It's money in the bank.

D

10. cvitter

cvitter New Member

I need to get a safe to store ammo in. I don't have enough room in the one safe I have to store much and I don't like leaving any of it lying about. There is no point in buying ammo for someone else.

11. yakuza

yakuza New Member

Love that.....

12. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forum yakuza!

13. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

I always add a few more boxes everytime I go to walmart! Funny thing is...I am far from having 'enough!' :D

14. SuperSport

SuperSport Member

A wise man once told me - no such thing as too much ammo. Just like there's no such thing as having too much money.

15. joe17

joe17 New Member

Is there any special way to store ammo and is there any kind of shelf life on it?

16. I don't think 1000 round per caliber is unreasonable since a person can easily blow off 100 rounds per outing. That's only 10 outings, if you go once a month that's not even a years supply.
    As soon as I get more bullets I'll finish loading up my 45acp(only caliber I have currently) and that'll give me about 1100 rounds. I think that's a good start but I'd like 2000 put back so I won't have to reload as often.

17. ZombieNinja

ZombieNinja New Member

A handgun or rifle is one of the only tools that, without ammunition, is almost useless unless you can throw it very hard and accurately. 10rds. and a .45 can kill eleven men!

18. henerey

henerey New Member

Doing better then me after my range trip today I came home with 7 .40 Bullets I think I went a bit overboard Lol its ok ill be swinging by a gun shop tomorrow to pick you a few hundred rounds

19. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

I have to make do with one ammo can.

Attached Files: