To stipple or not?

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by NvRBanArms, Apr 22, 2012.

1. NvRBanArms

NvRBanArms Member

Thinking about stippling either my 21gen4 or 27gen3. Don't know yet. Does it hurt your hands after shooting a while. Anyone have pics of any. Does it drop the value alot. I'm not sure if I'm ready to permanently mod my guns. May not like it. But never seen one in person. Decisions,decisions........

2. steverich88

steverich88 New Member

What is this stippling

3. NvRBanArms

NvRBanArms Member

When you take a soldering iron and make a permanent stippled grip on a polymer gun. Just basically poking at the grip of the pistol with it until it is a rough texture.

4. steverich88

steverich88 New Member

Never seen this before

5. NvRBanArms

NvRBanArms Member

Here's a pic of one

Attached Files:

6. It's very common.

OP: No it does not hurt your hands. You would have to gouge and butcher the polymer pretty bad to create a rough enough or sharp enough grip to hurt you.

7. ifish42na

ifish42na ifish42na

HPNJ
  8. littleposerfish

littleposerfish New Member

thats not a bad job. i got the rtf2

9. NvRBanArms

NvRBanArms Member

U just sent the perfect pic. That's how I was thinking about doing mine. Not the whole grip like others did. I'm gonna do it. When i get se time that is. How hard is it to get the hogue grip over? Just incase I don't like it. Has anyone ever tried stippling the trigger. Think that would work??

I'll do the stippling on my 27 first just because that was a used police trade in and my 21 was brand new. If all fails, I could put the talon tape back over the 27.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
  10. littleposerfish

littleposerfish New Member

i would probably leave the trigger alone. i have seen the guard done, but i wouldnt mess with the trigger.

11. don't stipple the trigger, you will screw with the reliability and functionality of the gun

12. ming

ming Member Supporter

That's a beautiful job on the G21.

13. ifish42na

ifish42na ifish42na

HPNJ
    That's a beautiful job on the G21.

Glock Store did the work.

14. glocknloaded

glocknloaded Click Click Boom Supporter

I think the stippling looks good but I personally wouldn't do it to my Glock, just my preference

15. ifish42na

ifish42na ifish42na

HPNJ
    More than looks, the grip is exceptional.

16. Me personally........nope.

I wouldn't give $250-300 max for any stippled gun no matter what model or how new.

17. I like the stippling, but neither would I. Personally once a Glock is modified in any way the resale drops imo

18. NvRBanArms

NvRBanArms Member

Yeah I'm still contemplating it. Such a big decision for a man toy. Lol. I was even thinking about doing designs and certain stipple types. Like if you can heat up the end of one of those metal cabob things for cooking and do like a diamond stipple. Think it would work? I know it would take forever to do. Lol.

19. Practice on something else first if you decide to make the plunge.