Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
The tikka 's action is butter smooth, but the trigger break on the savage is so clean and crisp. They are both excellent beautifully crafted rifles and you really can't go wrong with either one. I have a Rem.700BDL .308, and a wetherby vanguard .300wbymag, my wife has the tikka t3 .308 and my brother has a savage. It all depends on what you prefer.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
I absolutely love my Savage Hog Hunter, heavy floating barrel, nice peep sights Accu Trigger, synthetic stock all right out of the box.

Brown Wood Rectangle Beige Hardwood

Attachments

·
Banned
1,000 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
savage07 said:
I would prefer a synthetic frame, heavy and floated barrel, 308 caliber or 223, iron sight available.
The tikka has the synthetic frame and you can get them with heavy floated barrels. you may want to glass bed either rifle. It Greatly improves accuracy. My brother loves his savage. Especially after I glass bedded it for him. My wife loves her tikka. But I'm a wetherby guy I'm not bias either way. They are both excellent platforms and you can't really go wrong with either one.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
gunsmithie23 said:
The tikka has the synthetic frame and you can get them with heavy floated barrels. you may want to glass bed either rifle. It Greatly improves accuracy. My brother loves his savage. Especially after I glass bedded it for him. My wife loves her tikka. But I'm a wetherby guy I'm not bias either way. They are both excellent platforms and you can't really go wrong with either one.
"Glass bed" what does this mean?

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
That's a really nice one! Is hog hunter a full size or the size of a carbine?
I have never owned a Carbine, but if you mean shorter overall than a full size, YES.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
I have to go to a store where they have a wide variety of different savages to check them all out! :)
There ya go! Really, I am not bad mouthing any other brand, it is just to me the Savage is the best rifle for the money with an impeccable history!! Good Luck and great hunting!

·
Registered
210 Posts
savage07 said:
"Glass bed" what does this mean?
In any rifle there is play between the stock, barrel, and action. Glass bedding takes a glass resin and fills in the voids of the so there is no vibration in the action or barrel when shooting. Thus causing a tighter grouping of shots.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
dutchs said:
There ya go! Really, I am not bad mouthing any other brand, it is just to me the Savage is the best rifle for the money with an impeccable history!! Good Luck and great hunting!
I think I spot a new place, that might have them. It's difficult sometimes, because a store usually have a decent amount of different brand but a few style, expect Glock of course, which I'm glad. Anyways I'll check what they have and then post what I liked so we can share opinions!!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
gunsmithie23 said:
In any rifle there is play between the stock, barrel, and action. Glass bedding takes a glass resin and fills in the voids of the so there is no vibration in the action or barrel when shooting. Thus causing a tighter grouping of shots.
Thank you for the explanation, it's always good to learn!!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.