Glock Firearms banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The papers are at the Sheriff's office...along with my prints & fee....The CCW course, I had to take, was great. Instructor was retired PD, Deputy and NRA instructor. $100 was well worth the long 10 hr day which included barbecue lunch by his misses and the range quals. Thought I did pretty good at the target but 3 of the 18 in the class were better. A father and son both got perfect 100s. A sweet lady with a relic wheel gun with a 10" barrel got a 99.6.
It was great to have the right instructor with plenty of war stories to back up the laws, safety and gun handling.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Sounds like you had a great experience. That's the way it should be. Congrats!
BTW I would have loved to see the lady shoot that wheel gun. I bet she was something.

·
Registered
324 Posts
It definitely helps to have a great instructor. That is too long a day otherwise. My instructor was great too and laughed and joked with us while still being serious about the laws. I agree, I would have also liked to see the lady shoot the wheel gun. A lady in the class I took used a S&W 500 for the range course and it was awesome watching her shoot that. She did excellent with it too.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Cool, glad it was a good time for you as it should be. The ladies will surprise you on the quals, we had one that never hit the paper and another that shot the 10 ring only.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts