Glock Firearms banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking but have not been able to find a threaded barrel conversion for my 29. I would like to go to either .40 or 9mm but would like to have the end threaded for a compensator. Also, what else would I need if I went from a 10 mm to 9mm?

·
I'm a peacock, you gotta let me fly!
998 Posts
They don't make em. 357sig-40sw-9mm, and 45acp-10mm-9x25 dillon are they only ones I've seen. You'd be running a small frame round through a large frame gun. They only make small frame conversions to small frame guns and same with large frame. Sorry bud!

Hope that makes sense.. I'm not sure how to explain it. Nobody makes a large frame magazine that would hold 9mm anyways lol.

Edit** I did some more research, looks like some people have ran 40sw through a 10mm glock? Not sure, I think I might be totally wrong. Stupid work computer is limiting my web searches haha. Somebody chime in here!!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LWD makes at least a 40 conversion and I believe a .357 sig, but none with a threaded barrel at least that I have found

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello, all. I was wondering, Would it be shameful tol saw off the thread on the end of my LWD conversion barrel? I have no use for it and it bothers me through my IWB holster. Thanks.

·
Certified Glock Armorer
4,715 Posts
sgarza428 said:
Hello, all. I was wondering, Would it be shameful tol saw off the thread on the end of my LWD conversion barrel? I have no use for it and it bothers me through my IWB holster. Thanks.
Maybe someone has a unthreaded barrel willing to trade for one that is.

·
Banned
4,056 Posts
Unfortunately that's false, unless you have a new slide, barrel, recoil spring assembly, trigger housing group, extractor, and magazines. The diameter milled out in the slide to fit the outside diameter of the 10mm barrel. The outside diameter of the .45 barrel is at least .05" bigger than the 10mm.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ghost23 said:
Unfortunately that's false, unless you have a new slide, barrel, recoil spring assembly, trigger housing group, extractor, and magazines. The diameter milled out in the slide to fit the outside diameter of the 10mm barrel. The outside diameter of the .45 barrel is at least .05" bigger than the 10mm.
He is right. You can go from 45 to 10, but not the other way around. You can also step the 20/29 down to a 40, .357 and possibly a 9.

I just wasn't sure what the guy before had that he wanted to hack off. I figured it would be better to just run the stock or buy a different one than take a saw to the one he currently has. It would look bad in my opinion and could be cut too short and make it useless for anyone

·
Banned
4,056 Posts
geolson414 said:
He is right. You can go from 45 to 10, but not the other way around. You can also step the 20/29 down to a 40, .357 and possibly a 9.
Actually in the 10mm platform, you can go to 9x25 Dillon, .400 CorBon, .40, .357, and 9mm. The 9mm conversion, however, is a pain. It's hard to find magazines and the trigger housing group that would fit it. The ejector for the 9mm curves at an angle, and with no large frame Glock chambered in it, you either have to angle it yourself (which is dangerous for people who chamber and unchamber live ammunition. If you curve the ejector too much, it can strike your primer, causing a detonation out of battery and causing a lot of damage) or find one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts