Glock Forum banner
81 - 100 of 101 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,887 Posts
Same hear brother on all counts.
Bring on new foam buffer tube technology,where there is a will.........

Which got me to ponder options,as far as tube covers currently there is foam mostly least that I'm aware of.
However some enterprising company could explore gel,ect the possibilities exist.

As the muzzle device is included in the overall measurement of the 16" of barrel, there is the Viet Nam era XM-177 dissipator muzzle device.
Automotive tire Automotive wheel system Rim Tool Gas

Most XM-177 dissipators/moderators measure between 5" to 5.5" in length,so if one had a 10.5" barrel and added a XM-177 by either silver soldiering or pin and welding that would bring the barrel length to the required 16.0 inches.

Hopefully it will be over turned in the courts and no-one will give it a second thought but there are possibilities.

Reactions: 202 and Danzig

·
Premium Member
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Same hear brother on all counts.
Bring on new foam buffer tube technology,where there is a will.........

Which got me to ponder options,as far as tube covers currently there is foam mostly least that I'm aware of.
However some enterprising company could explore gel,ect the possibilities exist.

As the muzzle device is included in the overall measurement of the 16" of barrel, there is the Viet Nam era XM-177 dissipator muzzle device.
View attachment 276876

Most XM-177 dissipators/moderators measure between 5" to 5.5" in length,so if one had a 10.5" barrel and added a XM-177 by either silver soldiering or pin and welding that would bring the barrel length to the required 16.0 inches.

Hopefully it will be over turned in the courts and no-one will give it a second thought but there are possibilities.
doesnt it have to be pinned and welded?

·
Premium Member
9,887 Posts
doesnt it have to be pinned and welded?
The wording I found said pin & welded or silver soldered,unless the AFT has changed that also.

·
Premium Member
9,887 Posts
"The ATF procedure for measuring barrel length is to measure from the closed bolt (or breech-face) to the furthermost end of the barrel or permanently attached muzzle device. Permanent methods of attachment include full-fusion gas or electric steel-seam welding, high-temperature (1100°F) silver soldering, or blind pinning with the pin head welded over. Barrels are measured by inserting a dowel rod into the barrel until the rod stops against the bolt or breech-face. The rod is then marked at the furthermost end of the barrel or permanently attached muzzle device, withdrawn from the barrel, and measured."

·
Premium Member
9,887 Posts
Contradictory?!? That’s all we’ve been hearing from the ATF about these braces for the last 5 or so years!
The agencies thoughts on braces would amount to a taking,which is un Constitutional but so then is the agency not that the supreme law of the land stands for anything these days..

·
Premium Member
9,887 Posts

Reactions: 202 and RIP

·
Premium Member
9,887 Posts

Reactions: 202
81 - 100 of 101 Posts