Glock Forum banner
61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,352 Posts
So is this gonne go in place of the worksheet or is this if you dont pass the worksheet?
They have engineered the work sheet so none will pass,so I would take it as registering your arms in a NFA SBR,that said until the final rule is published who knows.
When the so called ghost gun rule was finally published if one never disposes of the arm,no serial number needs to be placed and that was very unclear up until it was published.
The final rule may not be written not on a pistol brace but rather on barrel or overall length of the arm.
Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of bureaucrats.

·
Premium Member
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
They have engineered the work sheet so none will pass,so I would take it as registering your arms in a NFA SBR,that said until the final rule is published who knows.
When the so called ghost gun rule was finally published if one never disposes of the arm,no serial number needs to be placed and that was very unclear up until it was published.
The final rule may not be written not on a pistol brace but rather on barrel or overall length of the arm.
Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of bureaucrats.
Or how many times it will change

·
Premium Member
9,352 Posts
Massive Fines For Having A Pistol Brace
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 202, Olga17 and RIP

·
Premium Member
9,352 Posts
2A Lawyer Who BEAT ATF Talks New Pistol Brace Rules..
With
Stephen Halbrook

·
Premium Member
9,352 Posts
So what are they gonna say about bare buffer tube?
Unless a court puts a stay on the brace rule prior to it taking effect you will not be in compliance unless the arm in question has a barrel of 16" or greater,that or a overall length of 26" will make it a SBR.

·
Premium Member
9,352 Posts
I thought rifles had to have a stock lol
I'm not a atorney,that said I think if the arm had a 16" barrel one could put a brace on the arm instead of a traditional butt stock and the AFT wouldn't care, until they change their mind for the 4 th. time.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
48,665 Posts
Unless a court puts a stay on the brace rule prior to it taking effect you will not be in compliance unless the arm in question has a barrel of 16" or greater,that or a overall length of 26" will make it a SBR.
Bare buffer tube pistols were legal as far back as I recall.
ATF allowed rubber cane tips added to the end and then braces started.
We’ve gone back and forth so many times as to the legality of braces I’ve lost count.
If it wasn’t for all the arm twisting by the Biden Administration to make something illegal, I think ATF would prefer it to just stay legal and be done with it.

Only way I see an out is for a red wave this November and politicians stopping it.

Other than that it’ll be lawsuits but think how long the bump stock ban has been going on and all the cases that have been unsuccessful to date.

·
Premium Member
9,352 Posts
So what are they gonna say about bare buffer tube?
Speed
The answer to that question is covered in my post below and it appears a bare tube is accectable.

Reactions: 202 and 3404speed
61 - 80 of 86 Posts