Thoughts on a Gen 4 G27

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by AJG23, Dec 14, 2011.

Tags:
  1. AJG23

AJG23 New Member

I have a Gen4 G23 and love it but I am thinking about purchasing a Gen4 G27 this weekend and wanted some feedback on it. I have a concealed permit but my main use will be taking it in the car and possibly carrying it. Any advice on the Gen4 G27 would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. jfirecops

jfirecops New Member

How does it fit your hand? If you need the +2 mags to shoot it, it will carry about the same as your 23. Other than that, it is a good gun and a great back-up for the 23 since it will take the same mags.

3. AJG23

AJG23 New Member

Thanks for the information, I appreciate it!

4. my brother-in-law has the Gen4 G27. he likes it but, he prefers the feel of the Gen3's better.

5. CPD285

CPD285 New Member

TN
    I have a Gen 4 27 and like it better than the 23....I have Pearce extensions on all of the mags, and is not to hard to CC...I was unsure about the 27 at first but after just a few rounds it has become one of my favorite weapons to shoot.

6. 50cal pocket pistol

50cal pocket pistol New Member

I got the glock 27 for xmas and it is already one of my favorite guns. Im a big guy and my pinky is not on the gun but it actually helps with accuracy.

7. smpeck88

smpeck88 New Member

I'm not a huge fan of the Gen 4 grips. Just doesn't feel as comfortable to me as the Gen 3's that I currently own. So really, it comes down to whether or not it's a comfortable fit for you. In any case, at the end of the day, it's a Glock, so you can't go wrong! ;)

8. Tys 4x4

Tys 4x4 New Member

I have a gen 4 G27 and LOVE it. I went back and forth between the gen 3 and 4. The interchangeable backstraps sold me. Carry it almost every day in my supertuck and forget it's even there.

9. american lockpicker

american lockpicker New Member

I once had a Gen 2.5 G27 and loved it. The grip sucks but it was accurate, reliable and held 10 rounds of 40.

10. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

I own a Gen4 27 I have put around 700 rounds though it & not 1 problem so far. Love it.

11. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

Great gun to conceal for the caliber! Haven't gotten the G4 yet but...

For bigger hands I would reccommend the Glock + extention with a stronger magazine spring. I have the Pierce extentions too but thay have been a problem when dropping the mags on the ground (Mag explosions) and creating a mess. For some reason the floor plates just don't fit correctly.

The Glock + extention will give you a better grip all around. And the wife shoots her G26 better than she shoots her G19 (even without the extentions). Me I shoot about the same with either of my G23 or G27.

12. kanhanit1976

kanhanit1976 Junior Member

any thoughts on the glock 21.compaired to any other 45apc,s

13. Nenavist

Nenavist New Member

NV
    I own a Gen3 22 and Gen4 27. The trigger pull is harder on the Gen4 27 stock trigger than the Gen 3 22. I have bigger hands so the 22 feels better in that aspect for me. I also like the amount of available rounds in my magazine with the full size magazines of the 22 over the 27 . I felt the need to add the Pierce grip extension on he 27's mags due to my large hands. After the addition of the grip extensions I am able to get a comfortable grip on the 27. I like both for CC (situational dependent) or OWBC after the said magazine addition/modification. I will be purchasing a Gen4 23 in the near future though as my new EDC... and that is my final thought on that.