Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm thinking about trying out stippling, anyone have any suggestions or pics? I've seen some tree bark looks on other sites that intrigues me.

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
It looks kind of like a Diamond Back Rattlesnake to me. Which isn't bad of course. I just don't see the tree thing so much.

·
just wants to watch the world burn.
1,021 Posts
I stippled mine with a snap on soldering gun. Sharp tip. I love! How it feels. It practicaly sticks to my hand. If you do it your self I def recommend practicing on something else till you get hang of it. Or pay someone yo do it. Took me 3-4 hours to do my entire frame.

View attachment 11434

View attachment 11435

·
Glockin’ since 1993
41,586 Posts
The first issue of Recoil magazine had a nice article on DIY stippling.

BTW, the second issue on newsstands now has DIY polymer staining article. Pretty cool. I saw an AR15 dealer with red and blue stained parts on a couple of AR's.

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
Danzig said:
The first issue of Recoil magazine had a nice article on DIY stippling.

BTW, the second issue on newsstands now has DIY polymer staining article. Pretty cool. I saw an AR15 dealer with red and blue stained parts on a couple of AR's.
Gunna look that up... Polymer staining.., hmmmm..

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
blackwolffcf said:
I was thinking about getting mine done like this...
What sites you looking at? How much they charge?
I'm planning to do it myself, I need a new hobby. I've been making kydex holsters for a year or so now, getting bored. I enjoy learning new skills. Probably going to make paracord items also.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SeventiesWreckers said:
It looks kind of like a Diamond Back Rattlesnake to me. Which isn't bad of course. I just don't see the tree thing so much.
Here is a photo of the bark I mentioned. This was not done by me, but im going to try it. Looks like he drug the tip, rather than poking.

Shoe Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber Grey

Attachments

·
Registered
836 Posts
I'm wanting a grip reduction and stippling done to my G26 Gen 4 and I was referred to Lane Owens of coldborecustoms.com and his work is amazing! So, I'm sending mine off ASAP! Check out his website! You'll be impressed!

·
Glockin’ since 1993
41,586 Posts
Nice clean straight lines on the stippling job. Good job.

·
just wants to watch the world burn.
1,021 Posts
Looks amazing. Great job! I would be proud to own that gun.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks guys, I'm happy with it. Especially since the lower was a mess when I got the gun, and this was my first stipple attempt, I like the end results.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts