Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about making and AK my next gun purchase. Anybody have any thoughts on what route I should take? Or anybody have one that they would recommend?

·
Registered
448 Posts
G17_Ian said:
I'm thinking about making and AK my next gun purchase. Anybody have any thoughts on what route I should take? Or anybody have one that they would recommend?
I'm doing the same!!! Great post!

·
Lead Farmer
2,882 Posts
My buddy iRockGlock had an ak, he sold it and bought a dpms ar. From what he says the ar is way lighter and likes it alot better. It also shoots both 5.56 and .223 where the ak only shot 5.56.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
iGlock said:
My buddy iRockGlock had an ak, he sold it and bought a dpms ar. From what he says the ar is way lighter and likes it alot better. It also shoots both 5.56 and .223 where the ak only shot 5.56.
A buddy I shoot with a lot is lookin at an AR so I figure if I get an AK we'll have both covered when we hit the range

·
Lead Farmer
2,882 Posts
G17_Ian said:
A buddy I shoot with a lot is lookin at an AR so I figure if I get an AK we'll have both covered when we hit the range
Sounds like a good idea. My buddy paid $710.00 out the door for hes ar. Good price imo.

·
289 Posts
I own both, and inside 200 yards they are both sweet, but when you push distance with them the AK shows its weakness...unless you want to spend more out the door to tighten up the system and accurize it more to match the performance of the AR (DPMS in my case).

·
Registered
431 Posts
iGlock said:
The AK shoots 7.62x39...

·
Registered
122 Posts
$700 to $800 tops
I would say Arsenal in Las Vegas builds some very quality AKs, but they are a little higher than your price range. I personally own a Yugo M70ab2. They are very well made aks-the reciever on them is the same thickness as RPKs, so that adds durability. Also, they feature a stainless bolt and carrier. Only downside to them is the lack of a chrome lined barrel, but I dont shoot corrosive ammo so thats not a big deal to me. You can pick them up for around 550-6. All in all though, I would say put in some keyboard time and look at reviews-there are tons of forums that discuss different ak makes at length. P.S.-the yugos also have night sights

Attachments

·
Registered
431 Posts
Just like alot of guns, an AK-47 can be chambered in various sizes. My 3 just all happen to be the most popular size 7.62 x 39.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
AF1Sgt said:
Just like alot of guns, an AK-47 can be chambered in various sizes. My 3 just all happen to be the most popular size 7.62 x 39.
What kinds do you have?

·
Premium Member
4,337 Posts
I would recommend a Century (yes! That's what I said) GP1975. Around 550$ maybe you can find it cheaper. 600+ rounds, no failure what so ever. I cannot vouch for WASR's . I think Century has got it together on this rifle. Is it the best ? No . Worst? Definitely not. Leaves room for some ammo and magazines.

Air gun Trigger Machine gun Gun barrel Gun accessory

Stock.

Wood Flooring Hardwood Shotgun Art

After my add ons

Attachments

·
Registered
431 Posts
G17_Ian said:
What kinds do you have?
Here in Albuquerque, i have a Romanian WASR 10/63 I bought new off a guy locally on Armslist for $400. He was asking $550, but i told him i'd bring him cash right now and he bit. That's what you get when you put in the add you "really need money." it came with a soft case, 8 x 30 rd mags, bayonet and sheath, broken shell extractor, rear side and top accessory mount and a few hundred rounds of ammo. It's sweet, all black and shoots great. My other 2 x AK's are in KY. I bought them for $200 and $250 both from a pawn shop and think they're century arms AK's. Haven't shot them in almost 12 years, but they're tough guns so i'm sure they still shoot as good as they did back then. My dad cleans them every month. I'll send/post pics of my AK i have here if you want. IMO, everyone should own at least 1 x AK!

·
Registered
511 Posts
I have a Russian Izhmash AK and shot a friends Chinese MAK 90 this past weekend. Both are 7.62x39

1 - 20 of 26 Posts