Glock Firearms banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
I like the way they look without ports. I have a S&W 629 that's ported, and if it really didn't help as much as it does, I'd go to non ported. All the fire & smoke just builds up residue on my Hi-Viz sight, & it's a pain to clean all the time.

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
SeventiesWreckers said:
I like the way they look without ports. I have a S&W 629 that's ported, and if it really didn't help as much as it does, I'd go to non ported. All the fire & smoke just builds up residue on my Hi-Viz sight, & it's a pain to clean all the time.
+1 on porting...have a S&W 625 ported and it works great. Tried ported "dot guns" too and it helps with follow up shots...but darn loud!

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Be careful in doing it. If it's not done right, it can be very bad. If you want it done right, take it to a gun smith.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yuck. Why put fire in your line of sight? Your eyeballs will not be able to re-sight your target as fast as they could if there was no flash of fame thrown up right in front of them.

·
Premium Member
4,337 Posts
bringtheheat said:
Yuck. Why put fire in your line of sight? Your eyeballs will not be able to re-sight your target as fast as they could if there was no flash of fame thrown up right in front of them.
At least on my G23C, when I do see the flames it frames the target more than obscures it. The "V" is on either side of the target. That's in daylight or indoor light. I haven't shot it in dark or near dark.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jonm61 said:
Be careful in doing it. If it's not done right, it can be very bad. If you want it done right, take it to a gun smith.
I am a certified Glock armorer. And also a professional jeweler, so I know my way around a gun and metals. :)

·
Banned
767 Posts
Because of balance and integrity issues the ONLY way to safely port your slide is with a CNC machine.
Bingo, being a certified armorer doesnt always mean that you can do things properly just because you took an all day class lol I +1 the CNC machine

·
Banned
2,947 Posts
I know where his mind is, being a jeweler requires some very skilled use of hand tools but even surgeon like precision won't work here. CNC services are reasonable too usually, look around local.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts