Glock Firearms banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been through 5 other Glock handguns before I picked up my G30 and I actually think I'm going to hang onto this one. It's compact enough for CCW, has enough mag capacity for Home Defense(will be even better when I can pick up a couple G21 mags for it, maybe even with some +2 bottoms) and it's 45acp so you can't argue about caliber. Yep, think this one is the one I've been looking for all these years. Heck, I'd even go so far as to say the G30 is THE Handgun I've been looking for all these years.
Just wish I'd found this out a few years ago, could have saved me a lot of money and trouble looking for handguns.
Anyway, I'm into my Glock for the long haul this time around. Thank God I've got a handgun I can actually say I love, 'bout time. :D

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
Hear you about the G30 being THE handgun, found it to be the same for me.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I wanted one pretty badly, but at 34 I think my girly hands are done growing....

·
Registered
555 Posts
Been through 5 other Glock handguns before I picked up my G30 and I actually think I'm going to hang onto this one. It's compact enough for CCW, has enough mag capacity for Home Defense(will be even better when I can pick up a couple G21 mags for it, maybe even with some +2 bottoms) and it's 45acp so you can't argue about caliber. Yep, think this one is the one I've been looking for all these years. Heck, I'd even go so far as to say the G30 is THE Handgun I've been looking for all these years.
Just wish I'd found this out a few years ago, could have saved me a lot of money and trouble looking for handguns.
Anyway, I'm into my Glock for the long haul this time around. Thank God I've got a handgun I can actually say I love, 'bout time. :D
What other caliber/size glocks did you try?

·
Banned
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What other caliber/size glocks did you try?
First Glock I ever owned was a G-19, probably in the very late '80's IIRC, got rid of it, can't remember why or for what.
Next I had the G-20 and 29 both at the same time, made a nice pair of guns but 10mm just didn't do it for me so I sold both guns and got into something else.
Next, in 2004 I picked up a G-22, didn't keep it long, never really did like the 40S&W but I thought the Glock might change that for me, it didn't.
Last one before this was January 2010, G-26, cute little gun, easy to carry but 10+1 rounds of 9x19mm just didn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy the way the 10 rounds of 45acp in the G-30 makes me feel. :D
10 round mags are way hard to seat with the slide forward so I simply load it with the 10 round mag, chamber a round so I actually carry it 9+1 leaving the 10th round out of the mag.
I'd like to pick up a couple G-21, 13 round mags and add the +2 to em' for HD, if I can load a fully loaded mag into the gun without an Act of God then I could have 15+1 for a whopping 16 rounds of 45acp on tap, even if I have to leave one round out(like I do now) so the mag will seat I'd still have 15 rounds, can't beat that with a stick. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts