Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately, I have noticed, that I need a little extra room in my pants and shorts to be able to carry more comfortably. I am 5-8 and my waist is 30-31 inches. I can wear a 30 comfortably, but not carrying concealed IWB. Now, I buy my shorts and cargo pants in 32 waist. It gives me a little more room and comfort. Do you guys finding yourselves doing this?

·
Glockn Rollin
2,656 Posts
It's necessary with an IWB holster. That gun has to fit somewhere haha.

·
Banned
14,133 Posts
Yes...the extra room makes it more comfortable, and stops the

gun from printing during concealment. I'm 6' 2", weigh 188 lbs,

and buy a 34 inch waist instead of 33 for the extra room.

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
I used to do that. I always hated carrying IWB. So for the past 4 years I've exclusively carried OWD with a Looper Leather belt and Don Hume JIT holster for my 26.

·
Banned
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I found out I cant wear my low rise jeans, and carry IWB comfortably. Does not work good, Ha. When I do wear them, I have to carry in my 380 S&W in my pocket.

·
Banned
2,947 Posts
another great move is a wide, sturdy belt. The normal belts suck by comparison. The day i switched to a belt made for carrying a gun was like carrying for the first time.

·
Banned
2,947 Posts
Yes, I have myself a wide belt, which seems to work really well.
yep it is night and day. another suggestion for carrying is the silk type boxers (I'm serious) and colors that shade printing. I tend to wear dark grey, black, navy blue, etc. Avoid concealment lines of clothing like 5.11 and Eotac, these make you stand out.

There is a book called "Shadow Warrior" that everyone should read. The relevance here is that it teaches you all about how to hide in plain sight. Be seen then forgotten. Go unnoticed but acknowledged, etc.

·
Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome
1,672 Posts
Theres a crap load of shadow warriors out there lol, who's the author?

·
Banned
2,947 Posts
Theres a crap load of shadow warriors out there lol, who's the author?
ok THE Shadow Warrior haha. It's Jotaro, I'm not aware of any other book under that title that is given any kind of merit. This guy has been involved with all kinds of special forces what what not.

·
Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome
1,672 Posts
sweet thanks.

·
Lead Farmer
2,882 Posts
brannon67 said:
Lately, I have noticed, that I need a little extra room in my pants and shorts to be able to carry more comfortably. I am 5-8 and my waist is 30-31 inches. I can wear a 30 comfortably, but not carrying concealed IWB. Now, I buy my shorts and cargo pants in 32 waist. It gives me a little more room and comfort. Do you guys finding yourselves doing this?
I buy my pants and shorts a size or two bigger depending on brand...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts