Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately, I have noticed, that I need a little extra room in my pants and shorts to be able to carry more comfortably. I am 5-8 and my waist is 30-31 inches. I can wear a 30 comfortably, but not carrying concealed IWB. Now, I buy my shorts and cargo pants in 32 waist. It gives me a little more room and comfort. Do you guys finding yourselves doing this?

·
Banned
14,133 Posts
Yes...the extra room makes it more comfortable, and stops the

gun from printing during concealment. I'm 6' 2", weigh 188 lbs,

and buy a 34 inch waist instead of 33 for the extra room.

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
I used to do that. I always hated carrying IWB. So for the past 4 years I've exclusively carried OWD with a Looper Leather belt and Don Hume JIT holster for my 26.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Nope, I lost 17 lbs lol. I had the same issues with iwb carry. So I went from 250 to 233. In the morning still in my jamies I weigh in that area. Fully dressed with my glock 22 on my side and boots on I hit the scale at 242. 237 just now with blue jeans on no gun no shoes, and my iPod in my hand :eek:

·
Banned
2,947 Posts
Yes, I have myself a wide belt, which seems to work really well.
yep it is night and day. another suggestion for carrying is the silk type boxers (I'm serious) and colors that shade printing. I tend to wear dark grey, black, navy blue, etc. Avoid concealment lines of clothing like 5.11 and Eotac, these make you stand out.

There is a book called "Shadow Warrior" that everyone should read. The relevance here is that it teaches you all about how to hide in plain sight. Be seen then forgotten. Go unnoticed but acknowledged, etc.

·
Lead Farmer
2,882 Posts
brannon67 said:
Lately, I have noticed, that I need a little extra room in my pants and shorts to be able to carry more comfortably. I am 5-8 and my waist is 30-31 inches. I can wear a 30 comfortably, but not carrying concealed IWB. Now, I buy my shorts and cargo pants in 32 waist. It gives me a little more room and comfort. Do you guys finding yourselves doing this?
I buy my pants and shorts a size or two bigger depending on brand...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.