The way you carry etc....

Discussion in 'Holsters and Cases' started by brannon67, Apr 23, 2012.

1. brannon67

brannon67 New Member

Lately, I have noticed, that I need a little extra room in my pants and shorts to be able to carry more comfortably. I am 5-8 and my waist is 30-31 inches. I can wear a 30 comfortably, but not carrying concealed IWB. Now, I buy my shorts and cargo pants in 32 waist. It gives me a little more room and comfort. Do you guys finding yourselves doing this?

2. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

It's necessary with an IWB holster. That gun has to fit somewhere haha.

3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting Member

Yes...the extra room makes it more comfortable, and stops the

gun from printing during concealment. I'm 6' 2", weigh 188 lbs,

and buy a 34 inch waist instead of 33 for the extra room.

4. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

I used to do that. I always hated carrying IWB. So for the past 4 years I've exclusively carried OWD with a Looper Leather belt and Don Hume JIT holster for my 26.

5. Glock22Gen3

Glock22Gen3 New Member

Nope, I lost 17 lbs lol. I had the same issues with iwb carry. So I went from 250 to 233. In the morning still in my jamies I weigh in that area. Fully dressed with my glock 22 on my side and boots on I hit the scale at 242. 237 just now with blue jeans on no gun no shoes, and my iPod in my hand :eek:

6. brannon67

brannon67 New Member

I still have to wear a belt of course, ha

7. brannon67

brannon67 New Member

I found out I cant wear my low rise jeans, and carry IWB comfortably. Does not work good, Ha. When I do wear them, I have to carry in my 380 S&W in my pocket.

8. your ccw instructor should have told you to start buying one size up lol

9. brannon67

brannon67 New Member

Ha, true, but I found out the hard way.

10. another great move is a wide, sturdy belt. The normal belts suck by comparison. The day i switched to a belt made for carrying a gun was like carrying for the first time.

11. brannon67

brannon67 New Member

Yes, I have myself a wide belt, which seems to work really well.

12. Glock38

Glock38 New Member

1 size bigger here as well. With a crossbread super tuck.

13. yep it is night and day. another suggestion for carrying is the silk type boxers (I'm serious) and colors that shade printing. I tend to wear dark grey, black, navy blue, etc. Avoid concealment lines of clothing like 5.11 and Eotac, these make you stand out.

There is a book called "Shadow Warrior" that everyone should read. The relevance here is that it teaches you all about how to hide in plain sight. Be seen then forgotten. Go unnoticed but acknowledged, etc.

14. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

Theres a crap load of shadow warriors out there lol, who's the author?

15. ok THE Shadow Warrior haha. It's Jotaro, I'm not aware of any other book under that title that is given any kind of merit. This guy has been involved with all kinds of special forces what what not.

16. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

17. I think the dryer is shrinking all my pants haha. Yeah my ccw instructor told us to go up a size as well as the belts too.

18. unit44justin

unit44justin New Member

Your problem is that you are shopping in the womens section. :p

19. brannon67

brannon67 New Member

Ha, very funny. :D

20. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

I buy my pants and shorts a size or two bigger depending on brand...