Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my Iowa CCW class on Tuesday night, dropped off my paper work yesterday over lunch. I was told by the sherriff department, that it can be up to a 30 day to process. She mentioned that they had had allot of applications lately. A co-worker got his the end of december and it took 4 days. There has been 3 classes in the past 3 weeks locally.

Then I got my confirmation email that my Garrett Industries STX 2.0 holster and single magazine carrier for my Glock 19 Gen4 shipped today after my 2-1/2 week wait, then placed a order with Volund Gearworks for there Atlas belt. So now I have 3 things to wait for.. This wait is killing me!

I also just NEED to find more ammo so I can go shoot more!

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
You're going to feel so much better once all of the stuff you ordered comes in on the same day you get that permit!! :)

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Patience, Grasshopper :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
At least your wait is shorter then mine...I took South Carolina CWP class yesterday and once I mail of the paperwork I'll have to wait up to 90 days (which they're notorious for waiting up to last day to send your permit). However I took the Utah same day and I'll only have to wait 30 days once I mail it off.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
At least your wait is shorter then mine...I took South Carolina CWP class yesterday and once I mail of the paperwork I'll have to wait up to 90 days (which they're notorious for waiting up to last day to send your permit). However I took the Utah same day and I'll only have to wait 30 days once I mail it off.
Yea, I guess upto 30 days is better than 90!

·
Registered
656 Posts
I taught a class in early September and received feedback from a student who picked up his permit in early December. That was before Sandy Hook. Now people are waiting as much as 3 months just to get the class. With that in mind, it might be another 3+ months to get permit because of the massive influx of applicants. Just have to be patient. Sounds like you'll be ready to hit the ground running once it comes in.

·
Registered
428 Posts
They printed mine the same day I was in the sheriffs office and no classes to take. Welcome to Alabama. ROLL TIDE

·
Glockn Rollin
2,656 Posts
They printed mine the same day I was in the sheriffs office and no classes to take. Welcome to Alabama. ROLL TIDE
Yep. In GA it took a month, but I moved to Alabama and it took 2 days lol.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
On a positive note my holster and belt were waiting for me when I got home from work. Really liking both so far.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well got my permit today in the mail.....But they misspelled my last name . I'll have to call the sheriffs department in the morning and get it corrected. Hopefully it wont take another two weeks to get figured out.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Got my corrected permit yesterday in the mail, picked my gun up from the gun smith, who was putting new night sights on.

Then I carried for the first time that night when I went out. I'm sure because I am new to this, but I was extra causious of printing, and making sure the gun didn't move (even though I have a nice holster,garrett industries silent thunder stx 2.0). Driving is a bit uncomfortable, since I carry in the 4:00 position.

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
bucky685 said:
Got my corrected permit yesterday in the mail, picked my gun up from the gun smith, who was putting new night sights on.

Then I carried for the first time that night when I went out. I'm sure because I am new to this, but I was extra causious of printing, and making sure the gun didn't move (even though I have a nice holster,garrett industries silent thunder stx 2.0). Driving is a bit uncomfortable, since I carry in the 4:00 position.
Did you get in touch with the sheriff about the misspell? Here it's illegal to carry if the permit has an error. Just curious what your sheriff said :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Did you get in touch with the sheriff about the misspell? Here it's illegal to carry if the permit has an error. Just curious what your sheriff said :)
I had them reissue my permit with the correct spelling.Didn't really want to find out later if I had to show my permit.
I didn't ask what would happen if the permit had the incorrect spelling.

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
bucky685 said:
I had them reissue my permit with the correct spelling.Didn't really want to find out later if I had to show my permit.
I didn't ask what would happen if the permit had the incorrect spelling.
They issued it on the spot!? I want to live there! ;-) that's awesome! Happy packing! Be safe

1 - 20 of 21 Posts