The verdict is in! Most comfortable IWB yet

Discussion in 'Holsters and Cases' started by Eye_Peeled, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Eye_Peeled

Eye_Peeled 8th Gen. Fla Cracker (not creepy though)

I've spent a small fortune on IWBs in the last couple months since purchasing my G19. I have issues with every holster I've purchased thus far when it comes to comfort.

My son and I were at a small gun show at our local German-American Club last month where I saw this laying on a vendors table; the table was full of nothing but used holsters. So I started rummaging through them and found this Gun-Mate (still in the original bag)...5 bucks. MidwayUSA has them new for $6.99.

The reason I continued on a quest for a different "perfect" holster was because I don't know if I'm completely comfortable carrying 'Condition 1' with this cloth holster. I know I wouldn't be if I carried behind the hip but carrying at 9:00 (lefty), it's perfect and very secure.

It's not like the Uncle Mikes, which is very soft material. This is a more secure, stiffer nylon type. Like a heavy canvas.

Anyone have an opinion on carrying one in the pipe with this holster? Thanks.

image-2922144515.jpg

image-3010996833.jpg

2. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

I carried one in the pipe with my uncle mikes holsters...

3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

I always feel comfortable carrying C1...no matter what holster I'm using.

That being said...I'm not familiar with the Gun Mate brand, but from the pic it looks secure.

4. Eye_Peeled

Eye_Peeled 8th Gen. Fla Cracker (not creepy though)

Thanks for your input, fellas. I've been carrying it loaded, it's still on trial here but so far I feel pretty good about it. I need to do some more jumping jacks and running around with it to make sure :)

I recommend getting one as a back up or while waiting on the hundred dollar leather holster some may have ordered. It's quick on and off, thin and very comfortable.

I did have to take my pocket knife, un-stitch and remove the ambidextrous loop that accepts the clip on the other side. It's very stiff canvas material and sharp on the corners, since doing that, I don't even know it's there. I still haven't given up on a nice fitted holster that is comfortable but this is me for now.

5. Devinh2

Devinh2 Guest

I carry 90% of the time with Uncle Mikes IWB and ALWAYS a full clip and 1 extra... In the pipe!! Never had a problem, and never been 'not ready'!!