The quest for the perfect holster

Discussion in 'Holsters and Cases' started by Nateparker1, May 16, 2012.

1. Nateparker1

Nateparker1 New Member

Hi guys, I like most of us have bought several holsters in hopes of finding a comfortable, practical, and easily concealable. I currently use a Blackhawk IWB style, it's leather but it rocks back and forth a lot. I love my Blackhawk outside waste serpa but obviously it's not the best to conceal. Any suggestions on another style or brand worth trying?

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Last edited: May 16, 2012

3. gunfreak101

gunfreak101 New Member

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2012
  4. Robert

Robert New Member

I have the same Blackhawk, great holster, but not that great for concealment.

Have you tried the in-the-pants crossbreed holster? or that style of holster, several companies make a similar style. Its basically a leather pad that goes against your body with Kydex molded to the exact shape of your gun. You wear it on your hip.

I've been using this style for quite some time now, very comfortable.

5. I use a OWB Blackhawk CQC w/ finger release and it conceals ok if I wear a long shirt. I chose an OWB over an IWB mainly because I'm a big guy with "love handles" lol! So, what IWB holster is most comfortable for the "big guys"? Info/Comments welcome! Thanks!

6. deadlift560

deadlift560 New Member

7. gunfreak101

gunfreak101 New Member

I've been using them for quite a while, and have no regrets about them at all. I love them them!!!

As you can see on the site, there are many positive comments about them.

8. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

Personally, I'm a big fan of DeSantis holsters. I've found with a good belt and a good holster, I can conceal OWB just as well as I can IWB, but it's a lot more comfortable and I don't have to plus size my pants (well, not for my gun anyway!).

Another one I like is the Aker Flatsider. Conceals even better. They use a design very similar to Galco, where the outside face of the holster is completely molded to the gun and the inside face, the part against the body, is completely flat, rather than both sides of the holster being molded to the gun. It allows the gun to sit even closer to the body, making concealment easier.

http://www.desantisholster.com/ If you find one you like, Google the model #. You'll save $10-20 on it.
    http://www.akerleather.com/ These tend to be less expensive than Galco or DeSantis, but they are good holsters.

9. Mike P's (defensiveholsters.com) holsters, they are the best around....

10. deadlift560

deadlift560 New Member

Do you use it without a belt?

11. deadlift560

deadlift560 New Member

I may get one just to make you happy ;) your a great marketing agent lol

12. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

I have a drawer full of holsters… depends on personal preference. Our vendors here make the best around, other than that, unless you want leather or tactical leg rigs and stuff, i have to recommend Crossbreed for an iwb… really comfortable.

13. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

Just curious, why the adversion to a belt bud?

14. deadlift560

deadlift560 New Member

I wear size 28 jeans and never wear a belt at all that's all. Lol. Will have to get some size 30 and a belt ;)

15. gunfreak101

gunfreak101 New Member

Yes I do, I have one on right now with my glock 26

16. gunfreak101

gunfreak101 New Member

image-3181328318.jpg

Here are some pics with my glock 26

image-1584985243.jpg

The hold of the leather on the gun is A+. I have had other holsters where the gun just starts slipping out but this holster is a beauty. The clip is also strong, you'll have fun trying to take it off your pants.

Nothing wrong with the other holsters that were advertised at the beginning, they are just not my cup of tea. I'm sure they are also good, but like I said just not my taste.

image-2575239168.jpg

"I was shaking it" did not fall out at all

Last edited: May 16, 2012
  17. I think I have probably tried just about every holster out there in every material and Mike's are the first ones that don't annoy me lol

18. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

That's nice to know. I'm going to order one for my 23/27 next week. Going to get the OWB/IWB WITH A SWEAT GAURD.

19. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

My buddy just gave me this intruder today brand new bag wasn't even open. So far its nice.

Attached Files:

20. Robert

Robert New Member

+1

I tried and have had many holsters. The crossbreed is by far the most comfortable.

But my Concealment Solutions holster is what I'm currently using. Its basically the same thing as the Crossbreed, I'm just trying to support a local business. ;)

Its the holster in my Avatar.