Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I like most of us have bought several holsters in hopes of finding a comfortable, practical, and easily concealable. I currently use a Blackhawk IWB style, it's leather but it rocks back and forth a lot. I love my Blackhawk outside waste serpa but obviously it's not the best to conceal. Any suggestions on another style or brand worth trying?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Nateparker1 said:
Hi guys, I like most of us have bought several holsters in hopes of finding a comfortable, practical, and easily concealable. I currently use a Blackhawk IWB style, it's leather but it rocks back and forth a lot. I love my Blackhawk outside waste serpa but obviously it's not the best to conceal. Any suggestions on another style or brand worth trying?
I have the same Blackhawk, great holster, but not that great for concealment.

Have you tried the in-the-pants crossbreed holster? or that style of holster, several companies make a similar style. Its basically a leather pad that goes against your body with Kydex molded to the exact shape of your gun. You wear it on your hip.

I've been using this style for quite some time now, very comfortable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
836 Posts
I use a OWB Blackhawk CQC w/ finger release and it conceals ok if I wear a long shirt. I chose an OWB over an IWB mainly because I'm a big guy with "love handles" lol! So, what IWB holster is most comfortable for the "big guys"? Info/Comments welcome! Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
115 Posts
deadlift560 said:
How well do those holsters work? I like the idea of iWb not needing a belt
I've been using them for quite a while, and have no regrets about them at all. I love them them!!!


As you can see on the site, there are many positive comments about them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,348 Posts
Personally, I'm a big fan of DeSantis holsters. I've found with a good belt and a good holster, I can conceal OWB just as well as I can IWB, but it's a lot more comfortable and I don't have to plus size my pants (well, not for my gun anyway!).

Another one I like is the Aker Flatsider. Conceals even better. They use a design very similar to Galco, where the outside face of the holster is completely molded to the gun and the inside face, the part against the body, is completely flat, rather than both sides of the holster being molded to the gun. It allows the gun to sit even closer to the body, making concealment easier.

http://www.desantisholster.com/ If you find one you like, Google the model #. You'll save $10-20 on it.
http://www.akerleather.com/ These tend to be less expensive than Galco or DeSantis, but they are good holsters.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
852 Posts
gunfreak101 said:
I've been using them for quite a while, and have no regrets about them at all. I love them them!!!

As you can see on the site, there are many positive comments about them.
Do you use it without a belt?
 

·
GrassHopper
Joined
·
8,204 Posts
I have a drawer full of holsters… depends on personal preference. Our vendors here make the best around, other than that, unless you want leather or tactical leg rigs and stuff, i have to recommend Crossbreed for an iwb… really comfortable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
115 Posts
image-3181328318.jpg

Here are some pics with my glock 26

image-1584985243.jpg

The hold of the leather on the gun is A+. I have had other holsters where the gun just starts slipping out but this holster is a beauty. The clip is also strong, you'll have fun trying to take it off your pants.


Nothing wrong with the other holsters that were advertised at the beginning, they are just not my cup of tea. I'm sure they are also good, but like I said just not my taste.

image-2575239168.jpg

"I was shaking it" did not fall out at all
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
931 Posts
nukinfuts29 said:
I think I have probably tried just about every holster out there in every material and Mike's are the first ones that don't annoy me lol
That's nice to know. I'm going to order one for my 23/27 next week. Going to get the OWB/IWB WITH A SWEAT GAURD.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
931 Posts
jonm61 said:
Personally, I'm a big fan of DeSantis holsters. I've found with a good belt and a good holster, I can conceal OWB just as well as I can IWB, but it's a lot more comfortable and I don't have to plus size my pants (well, not for my gun anyway!).

Another one I like is the Aker Flatsider. Conceals even better. They use a design very similar to Galco, where the outside face of the holster is completely molded to the gun and the inside face, the part against the body, is completely flat, rather than both sides of the holster being molded to the gun. It allows the gun to sit even closer to the body, making concealment easier.

http://www.desantisholster.com/ If you find one you like, Google the model #. You'll save $10-20 on it.
http://www.akerleather.com/ These tend to be less expensive than Galco or DeSantis, but they are good holsters.
My buddy just gave me this intruder today brand new bag wasn't even open. So far its nice.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
blackwolffcf said:
I have a drawer full of holsters… depends on personal preference. Our vendors here make the best around, other than that, unless you want leather or tactical leg rigs and stuff, i have to recommend Crossbreed for an iwb… really comfortable.
+1

I tried and have had many holsters. The crossbreed is by far the most comfortable.

But my Concealment Solutions holster is what I'm currently using. Its basically the same thing as the Crossbreed, I'm just trying to support a local business. ;)

Its the holster in my Avatar.
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top