The other Glock board.....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by 890A, Jan 26, 2012.

1. which shall remain nameless. The one with all the female mods who think that everything anyone says in every thread and be considered offensive and lock the thread immediately with any explanation.

Are any of you guys a member over there too?

2. american lockpicker

american lockpicker New Member

I was a member till they banned me for being so epic and awesome.

3. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

I was on there for a bit didnt like it as much as i do this one.

4. This is the first gun forum I have found where every member and staff member is not a total douche nozzle.

5. used to but never signed up once i saw how it was then avoided gun forums all together for a few years because they suck worse than Honda auto forums. Only online weapons interaction I had for a while was YouTube then stumbled upon this one on FaceBook this month. Came over to check it out and I'm hangin around for a while......at least until it gets big then I will reevaluate the situation.

6. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

I was quite active over there in 2009 and early 2010. Then I just got sick of the same people repeating the same stupidity over and over and over and I finally gave up. I popped in after a few months and commented on a thread, saying "this idiocy is why I don't come here anymore" and some newbie made some crack about my post count, which is well over 1000, and that was it. I go over there when I have stuff to sell, but otherwise it's here and waltherforums.com.

7. yep they banned me too, which was totally fine with me because it gives me a good reason not to go back to that joke of a message board. That place is a disaster with "mrs kitty" and whatever that other idiot woman is that kept giving me "infractions" for using potty mouth.

8. I head the site's owner doesnt even own a glock

not really I'm just spreading false rumors for my own amusement

9. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member Supporter

I've never been to the other forum. Were the mod gals at least somewhat knowledgeable?

10. that's a big negative

11. The problem is that in the beginning, the answer to that would be yes, havasu. But they got incredibly egotistical as the place grew, and they didn't grow with it. They thought they had all this knowledge, but the truth is their project out grew them and they expressed it through moderation power.

12. american lockpicker

american lockpicker New Member

I think the women mods were just in off topic "GNG." I never really had any issues with them except maybe an infraction or 2(the point thing is misleading as apparently you don't have to hit your limit to get ban hammered...)

@ nukinfuts29 The members themselves were a source of great knowledge just ask anything and you will get a variety of good answers. I seem to remember the site paying for some survival expert and he gave out questionable advice...

13. The members are extremely knowledgeable, the staff isn't. Like I said, the site out grew them.

14. absolutely. I was a member there since 2008 and got banned last week because obviously as a joke, and I don't remember the exact context, I said I wish someone would take out my wife due to the insane amount of child support i pay. I got an "infraction" from mrs kitty. Well I was drunk and I sent her back a few off color private messages, lol. Either way, the mods are all little Hitlers, especially in the GNG lounge. They would lock the threads any time they felt like it and for no apparent reason. Seriously, the whole front page would be full of locked threads.

15. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

I am a member...but didn't like it. I jumped on this forum in the same week I joined that one...I think if you look at my account over there...I haven't been back.

EDIT. ok...so I have been back when I was looking at an OD glock for sale from a google search. Please don't hate me.

16. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member Supporter

A forum is only as good as its members. As a mod, I really want this place to grow and don't intend to lock any threads, as long as the members are respectful of others, because this is where I have to draw the line.

While on this topic, is you see something that is questionable, please report it by using the red triangle in your avatar box.

17. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

I got an infraction from a male mod a couple of years ago. They had the site set so that it would censor any bad language with a * for every letter. I typed whatever I typed, a word got replaced with **** and he gave me an infraction saying that I was trying to circumvent the system. :confused:

I PM'd him and said I didn't try to circumvent anything, I typed the word and the system censored it. He clearly had no idea how the system worked and started giving me crap about it. I just let it go.

Then I got one from Eric because I posted a topic that I should've known would turn ugly. He locked it before anyone had a chance to respond and gave me an infraction. I got one other, but I don't remember what for now.

A lot of the members there were great and many others were good. The problem seemed to be that about 1/3 of the active members were idiots who liked to troll and stir the pot. Over and over and over, the same idiots. They would eventually get banned, but several of them had multiple accounts. Eventually they caught on to that and banned their other accounts too, but it was beyond ridiculous and those people would be so relentless that even the better ones would devolve into personal attacks. Eventually you either got smart enough to stay out of it or you got sick of it and left.

18. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member

Thanks! I take that as compliment.

19. There are some good, knowledgeable members over there and i did pick up a few things while i was on that board but they (the mods) are just a little too anal with some people and others they will allow to say anything and get away with it. It's not fair across the board. I believe that sometimes you can argue about something and it may get heated but when you resort to name calling and disrespect that's stepping over the line. I also got an "infraction" for using the number 1 in place of an I in the word sh_t. Sh_t is perfectly acceptable but placing a 1 in place of the i is preposterous, apparently.