The Irony of the Left

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by wrpNYFL, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    For some reason this was not in any of my top news stories from Yahoo and Apple.
    Wonder why?
    2 years plus all we heard was Russia Russia Russia! from the main stream media.
    Now that there’s proof it was a set up to get rid of Trump, the left is quiet.
    They hate the FakeNews moniker but earn it everyday!
    5A651B08-2745-4BFD-97A8-5A3F1117E9D5.jpeg

Former FBI lawyer Kevin Clinesmith will plead guilty to making a false statement in the first criminal case arising from U.S. Attorney John Durham's review of the investigation into links between Russia and the 2016 Trump campaign, two sources close to the matter tell Fox News.

Clinesmith was referred for potential prosecution by the Justice Department's inspector general's office, which conducted its own review of the Russia investigation.

Specifically, the inspector general accused Clinesmith, though not by name, of altering an email about former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page to say that he was "not a source" for another government agency. Page has said he was a source for the CIA. The DOJ relied on that assertion as it submitted a third and final renewal application in 2017 to eavesdrop on Page under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act.

Clinesmith is being charged in federal court in Washington and is expected to plead guilty to one count of making a false statement, his attorney Justin Shur told The Associated Press.

"Kevin deeply regrets having altered the email. It was never his intent to mislead the court or his colleagues as he believed the information he relayed was accurate. But Kevin understands what he did was wrong and accepts responsibility," Shur later said in a statement.

President Trump, noting the case at the top of a Friday press conference, called the individual “corrupt” and predicted the charge is “just the beginning.”

“The fact is they spied on my campaign and they got caught. And you’ll be hearing more,” he said.

The Justice Department’s charging document stated that Clinesmith “did willfully and knowingly make and use a false writing and document, knowing the same to contain a materially false, fictitious, and fraudulent statement and entry in a matter before the jurisdiction of the executive branch and judicial branch of the Government of the United States.”

wrpNYFL likes this.
  2. Old Bloke

Old Bloke Why Me Lord ? Why Me! Supporter

HMMMMMM? I wonder if they warned him, that he was getting offered up as the 'sacrificial lamb'? So the other Rats can scurry back into the sewer!

GlockGhost, wrpNYFL and Danzig like this.

3. Danzig

Texas
    Wonder if they are going to stop there or keep hitting the traitors going up the ladder?
    I’m cautiously optimistic.

wrpNYFL and Old Bloke like this.
  4. Danzig

Texas
    Scratch that cynically optimistic.

wrpNYFL, mattm and Old Bloke like this.
  5. Danzig

Texas

Where was this guy during fast and the furious, want your doctor keep your doctor and countless lies Obama said and did?
    Complete hack!
    Should be barred from White House and even being called a journalist!

wrpNYFL likes this.
  6. Danzig

Texas
    8E3485E2-F41B-4FF9-8425-4E2CFBBE4FEF.jpeg Former FBI attorney Kevin Clinesmith's expected guilty plea in Connecticut U.S. Attorney John Durham's investigation into the origins of the Russia probe should concern any other potential suspect or person of interest, Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., told "Hannity" Friday.

Graham told host Trey Gowdy that the news about Clinesmith's pending plea marks a "great day for the rule of law."

Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz previously accused Clinesmith, though not by name, of altering an email about former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page to say that Page was "not a source" for another government agency. Page has said he was a source for the CIA. The DOJ relied on that assertion as it submitted a third and final renewal application in 2017 to eavesdrop on Page under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act.

"Something tells me that Mr. Clinesmith knows where the bodies are buried, and if I were in the FBI working on Crossfire Hurricane [the Russia investigation], I would be very worried right now," Graham said.

"An FBI lawyer in charge of reviewing warrants is going to plead guilty to falsifying documents to the FISA court against a Trump advisor, and if you are lucky, you'll find this in the mainstream media for 30 seconds."

If an FBI lawyer had pleaded guilty to falsifying documents to target Hillary Clinton's advisers, Graham claimed, it would be a different story in the press.

"What this lawyer did is a really big deal. We have to trust the system, there has to be a certain amount of trust," Graham said. "This is a lawyer, a man of the law, a member of the bar, who took it upon himself to falsify documents and keep an investigation going that should've been stopped.

"This is a big day for transparency and the rule of law."

————————————————————

A couple of take aways that I see.
    1. Graham has been there too long and is too high to play dumb. He knows who knew what and when. He’s been straddling the fence and not committing. I think he is being blackmailed by someone to try to delay until after the elections. If Trump loses, all this will go away.
    2. Graham was part of the legal system. Everybody that’s ever been remotely familiar with law knows that Clinesmith is pleading guilty to that charge because he already made a deal. He had to give up something cause it’s not a big enough charge to wrap the whole Russiagate scandal up in a bow and say “Mission Accomplished”.
    I’d love to see Obama or anyone at the top charged but reality says at best we would see Strzok and maybe McCabe charged.

wrpNYFL likes this.
  7. HJB

HJB Well-Known Member

Really tough to "forge ahead with an agenda" when you have the minority in the house and do not have 60 votes in the Senate. Not much forging you can do with that.

wrpNYFL likes this.
  8. Danzig

Texas
    Obama did it with a phone and a pen.

wrpNYFL likes this.
  9. HJB

HJB Well-Known Member

So has Trump done it with "a phone and a pen" on some issues, but there is a definite limit to what can be done that way, and....next president can also undo what is done with a phone and a pen.

Haven't you watched the "phone and a pen" BS that Obama did get undone with Trump's phone and pen ?

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
  10. Danzig

Texas
    Like DACA?o_O

wrpNYFL likes this.
  11. HJB

HJB Well-Known Member

Go google it and see what he has overturned. I'm not going to argue the one point you think you can come up with when there are many that have been overturned. Maybe like the Paris Accord, maybe like the Iran nuclear deal, maybe like a hundred others but I'm not interested in making a list.

You know I'm right and I'm kind of surprised that you take this approach, didn't think you were the kind of person to nit pick what you know is absolutely right.

12. Danzig

Texas
    Absolutely stuff can be overturned and no doubt whoever gets into the Presidency will try to overturn everything Trump has done but there are certain things that can get rammed through and will be far to difficult to erase.
    Trump has tried to amend DACA and it’s been blocked by courts including the Supreme Court. DACA was completely unconstitutional but there it is. I’m sure there are plenty of things that haven’t been reversed from Obama’s edicts.
    Point is that Obama and the Democrats changed a lot of traditional rules to get things done on their agenda.
    That’s why Democrats fear and hate Trump so much, he’s using their tactics against them.
    We don’t have a crystal ball and have no idea what the Senate and house will look like yet. Maybe things will go the Republican way maybe not.
    All we can do is wait and see but IF Trump wins, I see him barreling things through regardless.

wrpNYFL likes this.
  13. HJB

HJB Well-Known Member

Well, I don't because I don't think there is a chance in heck that repubs will control the House or the Senate.

14. mattm

mattm last one, I promise Supporter

Well, the masses are asses, so perhaps you're right.

15. LElliott

LElliott Well-Known Member

Lots to happen between now and then!

wrpNYFL and Danzig like this.
  16. Danzig

Texas
    That’s why. As we saw with Kavanaugh, the Dems have some last minute chicanery that they will pull.

wrpNYFL and LElliott like this.
  17. djg1965

djg1965 Active Member

Any "protesters" arrested should have their extra federal unemployment dollars terminated. I should suggest this to Trump.

wrpNYFL and Danzig like this.
  18. LElliott

Trump has much up his sleeves as well, all good is the difference. Dems have run out of ammo. Word even says they will try a fake alien attack if you can believe it.

wrpNYFL likes this.
  19. LElliott

Those people weren't working anywhere anyway. Don't qualify. Soros is paying them.

wrpNYFL likes this.
  20. Danzig

Texas