The Gift

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Shep482, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Shep482

Shep482 Well-Known Member Supporter

OK, so I'm supposed to start a small vacation yesterday afternoon. The weekend ,Monday, Tuesday, and the 4th. But WHAM!! Major storm with 91 mph winds whacks the crap out of town an hour before I get off work. Power out all over the city including my house. I work at a major telecommunications company and so we are out also. In a major way. So now I am obligated to work the next day. I have no AC and it's 97• out. Kids are super bored and our smart phones are dying. I'm feeling sorry for myself and irritated at the man upstairs when ....

image-3451702835.jpg

This happens^^^

My two Teenagers who barely acknowledge each other, are playing card games together and laughing with each other, and TALKING to each other of their own free will. They are laughing at dad who might have had a few beers too many and suddenly... I am thankful Lord for this gift. For sparing our home. For giving me the opportunity to make OT to provide for my family when so many are out of work. For this time with my kids that I will not forget. Thank You

Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
  2. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

There ya go!! Get mad at the man upstairs and make him prove He will never leave you he will never forsake you!! Great story Shep!! Better luck with the hard stuff ahead! Good at ya for getting the best from this! And your kids!!

3. william488

william488 New Member

Nice story. Thanks for sharing.

4. Gun_Aficionado

Gun_Aficionado King of my Castle until my wife comes home Lifetime Supporting Member

Awesome story!!! Thanks for sharing!

5. RusticBliss

RusticBliss New Member

Love it. There is AlWAYS a silver lining.
    And guess what- they will Remember This Day ALWAYS!
    Everything happens for a reason. ;0)

6. Glock_Fanatic

Glock_Fanatic Member

that is truly awesome!!!

7. rickjames

rickjames Hard Work! Dedication! Supporter

Very nice. I hope my little girls will be really close to enjoy times like this.
    God is soooo good

8. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

That's wonderful Shep! Isn't amazing when all the distractions are taken away family has time to really connect with one another.

9. Yep, thats why we camp on our vacations. No tv, no electronics, just good family fun. We r forced to talk to each other.

10. akbluz

akbluz New Member

Adversity builds lasting memories.... some things you will never forget (no matter how hard you try!)