Glock Forum banner

The Crimson Trace Railgard Laser

3K views 21 replies 6 participants last post by  chadsaalfrank 
#1 ·
I Bought this laser and found out it has different attachments to put on full size guns just so happens it fits my SR9 and my G21 . Just thought I would put it out there for opinion. I really like it. It is very petite and has all the adjustments of any other laser i looked at and was very inexpensive as CT goes.

Vertebrate Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Gas

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice care to share how much it runs? About time to clean the Glock lol

#3 ·
Very nice! 3 question: 1.) How hard is it to zero it? 2.) How far do you have yours zeroed out to? 3.) Dose it hold its zero after a few hundreds of rounds?

I was thinking of getting the lasermax guide rod laser and getting a low profile light for my G21. I really don't like the bulk of the laser/light combos but that laser looks nice and low profile.

#4 ·
I'm not real versed with all the zeroing in maybe you could give me a few tips and I'll let you know. I just eyeballed it in with my sight on a deers nose!! Not real professional i know but it seemed to work. I have almost exclusively shot it on my SR9 up to now so I have had zero problem with it loosening at all. Also I dont mind at all it was $ 149.00 at my local gun shop here in Ocala fl.

#5 ·
Support Gunner said:
Very nice! 3 question: 1.) How hard is it to zero it? 2.) How far do you have yours zeroed out to? 3.) Dose it hold its zero after a few hundreds of rounds?

I was thinking of getting the lasermax guide rod laser and getting a low profile light for my G21. I really don't like the bulk of the laser/light combos but that laser looks nice and low profile.
Remember the lasermax rod voids the glock warrenty.
I have the same CT rail laser on my 23, its fairly easy to zero in, took me about 20 rounds and I started at 10 yards. I went out to 25 yards and its dead on. I have only shot this 23 maybe 200 rounds and it has held its zero so far. Its my bedside gun so I don't shoot this very often.

#6 ·
dutchs said:
I'm not real versed with all the zeroing in maybe you could give me a few tips and I'll let you know. I just eyeballed it in with my sight on a deers nose!! Not real professional i know but it seemed to work. I have almost exclusively shot it on my SR9 up to now so I have had zero problem with it loosening at all. Also I dont mind at all it was $ 149.00 at my local gun shop here in Ocala fl.
Ocala whoa used to live in Apopka dad had a hunt camp out in Ocala, don't really rembered exactly where though

#7 ·
I would help you out zeroing a laser but I currently don't own any laser on my firearms. So I can't help you on that one but from what I have read, most of the laser you have to move the laser to were your shots are.

I think it would go by the same concept as bench shooting to zero in a scope but like I said, I don't any laser at the moment so I could be wrong.

#8 ·
Chadsallfrank, think you have a minute for a little tutilage on zeroing in? Never done it before. Do you shot and work back from there with the up and down adjustments?

#9 ·
I heard cleaning a Glock destroys the character! LOL Lucky enough to go shooting today just havent got to it yet, besides I needed my Glock Forum fix!

#10 ·
dutchs said:
I heard cleaning a Glock destroys the character! LOL Lucky enough to go shooting today just havent got to it yet, besides I needed my Glock Forum fix!
Lol, I am super anal about cleaning so it stud out. Gotta get tha...t fix

#11 ·
Getting right on it glocknloaded!! Hup too!!

#12 ·
Can anyone tell me how to zero in a laser? Or maybe pass on info. Where I can find it?

#13 ·
Hope this helps you:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9J0EjzNjPE[/ame]

You may have a different way to adjust it on you laser but this should give you a basic idea how to do it.

#14 ·
Great video! Very basic and easy to understand. Just the way my simple mind needs. Thanks

#15 ·
dutchs said:
Chadsallfrank, think you have a minute for a little tutilage on zeroing in? Never done it before. Do you shot and work back from there with the up and down adjustments?
Mine was way off when I put it on so I eyeballed it to get close. At about ten feet. Next I will take it to the range and start at about 15 feet, shoot once then adjust, shoot again until your where you are right on. Make minor adjustments so you ensure the laser is going where you want it to. The go to 25 ft. Do the same until you are comfortable at the distance with the laser. At 25ft when you have it zero'd in it will be very close at 50 and 75 ft, very minor adjustment will be needed from then on. I only go 50-75ft on mine for the simple fact that its my bedside weapon and i dont need any further than that. I hope this helps you

#16 ·
Thats what i'm going to do. Thanks

#18 ·
Sorry folks I keep saying railgard it is a Railmaster!

#21 ·
Remember the lasermax rod voids the glock warrenty.
You think they will know I have it if I take it out and put the factory parts back in before I ship it to the IF I have any warranty issues?

I don't know hot they will be able to tell it was installed?

I thought that some of the things that would void the warranty would be use of aftermarket parts that affect function, using any ammunition except factory new ammunition loaded to SAAMI pressure standards, using unjacketed lead bullets, custom work done to the gun by anyone other than a Certified Glock Armorer, or taking the weapon apart past field strip except if done by a Certified Glock Armorer.

So really a lot of use on this forum have all ready voided our warranty lol.

#22 ·
Support Gunner said:
You think they will know I have it if I take it out and put the factory parts back in before I ship it to the IF I have any warranty issues?

I don't know hot they will be able to tell it was installed?

I thought that some of the things that would void the warranty would be use of aftermarket parts that affect function, using any ammunition except factory new ammunition loaded to SAAMI pressure standards, using unjacketed lead bullets, custom work done to the gun by anyone other than a Certified Glock Armorer, or taking the weapon apart past field strip except if done by a Certified Glock Armorer.

So really a lot of use on this forum have all ready voided our warranty lol.
I was just putting it out there so its known. Yea taking it out and replacing the original rod and spring is common cense. But if you were unaware of it voiding the warrenty some may send it with it still installed or mention that they have this rod laser when calling to trouble shoot Tue issue. Just trying to save some "red tape" for any issues that may arise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.