Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally found a 22 Gen4. The 22 G4s seem to be back ordered. The other challenge is going through a FFL which does SSE ( the only way to get the Gen 4 in CA unless you are LE).

Now the 10 day waiting period..... Finally!

Now my wife is hinting she wants one. This will be a good thing. Having my wife of 32 years as a shooting partner. And if SHTF, I can't think of someone better to watch our 6.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Finally found a 22 Gen4. The 22 G4s seem to be back ordered. The other challenge is going through a FFL which does SSE ( the only way to get the Gen 4 in CA unless you are LE).

Now the 10 day waiting period..... Finally!

Now my wife is hinting she wants one. This will be a good thing. Having my wife of 32 years as a shooting partner. And if SHTF, I can't think of someone better to watch our 6.
NoMoss having your spouse as your shooting partner is the only way to go. :) Even though I love shooting with my "gun girls", shooting with the hubs is the best thing in the world. And you're right, there is no one I would trust more to back me up.

Congrats on the new 22. Happy shooting.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@Kj4963 - in California, when you purchase a handgun, you have to wait 10 day to get your handgun. Because our state law makers want to prevent someone from doing something rash. EVEN IF YOU HAVE AN EXISTING ARSENAL! So if I have a CCW and walk into the store carrying, I still have to wait 10 days.

As for the SSE, the Gen 4s are not on the approved list of weapons the same law makers feel are safe. To get a Gen 4 from a FFL, it is converted to a single shot handgun. (single shot exemption). Oh and the handgun needs a longer barrel. After you leave the gun shop, you replace the parts with the original parts. It is legal to own a Gen 4, the FFL just can't sell one to you. LEOs can purchase one for their personal use w/o the exemption.

Wonderful rules brought to you by the same people who think more than a 10 round magazine in high capacity. :)

As for the back orders, all of the shops in the area have been back ordered on Gen4 G22s.

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
NoMoss said:
@Kj4963 - in California, when you purchase a handgun, you have to wait 10 day to get your handgun. Because our state law makers want to prevent someone from doing something rash. EVEN IF YOU HAVE AN EXISTING ARSENAL! So if I have a CCW and walk into the store carrying, I still have to wait 10 days.

As for the SSE, the Gen 4s are not on the approved list of weapons the same law makers feel are safe. To get a Gen 4 from a FFL, it is converted to a single shot handgun. (single shot exemption). Oh and the handgun needs a longer barrel. After you leave the gun shop, you replace the parts with the original parts. It is legal to own a Gen 4, the FFL just can't sell one to you. LEOs can purchase one for their personal use w/o the exemption.

Wonderful rules brought to you by the same people who think more than a 10 round magazine in high capacity. :)

As for the back orders, all of the shops in the area have been back ordered on Gen4 G22s.
Ah... Sounds even stupider than I thought it was.., gotta leave it up to Cali to come up with that....

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@blackwolffcf - yes it is stupid! The bad guys have 33 round mags, yet I'm limited to 10. It funny listen to the reports when there are shoot outs. You see brass all over the road, yet maybe one person is hit. Guess I just need to make my rounds count.

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
NoMoss said:
@blackwolffcf - yes it is stupid! The bad guys have 33 round mags, yet I'm limited to 10. It funny listen to the reports when there are shoot outs. You see brass all over the road, yet maybe one person is hit. Guess I just need to make my rounds count.
Reminds me of a certain la shoot out Bank robbery thing that nobody was prepared for...

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
NoMoss said:

Great way of explaining it! I am from California also and get those same questions all the time here. We should start a thread on these laws alone it would probably make a good thread.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LOL - In AZ, you have a state government that wanted to send illegal aliens back. In CA, we give then benefits and their kids get free education. Oh and a voters card!!!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
@glocknloaded - You really think people from most of the other states would believe the rules???? :) like having to use a tool (bullet button) to be able the eject the 10 round magazine on a AR-15????

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You can't use your thumb to press the mag release. You have to have a bullet button around the release. It's like a safety cap on medicine. It make the release recessed, so you have to use a 'tool' to release the magazine. Just so happens that a bullet just 'happens' to be the right size tool.

Yes it is nuts! :(

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes. I have other friends in AZ, and they laugh at the stupidity of some of the laws.

Even with that, I'm going to keep only the 10 round mags. Not going to 'find' some per-ban mags. I want to get back to that point of feeling how many rounds are left. I don't want to think about how many are remaining. I want it to be second nature.

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
NoMoss said:
@glocknloaded - You really think people from most of the other states would believe the rules???? :) like having to use a tool (bullet button) to be able the eject the 10 round magazine on a AR-15????
Haha it's crazy took me awhile to wrap my head around the rules when I moved here from Florida.

What part of the state are you in?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.