The beginning of my AR build

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by glocknloaded, Mar 20, 2012.

1. glocknloaded

glocknloaded Click Click Boom Supporter

So after my 10 day wait if finally picked up my spikes tactical lower zombie stripped receiver. I have a Daniel Defense stripped upper receiver in the mail as well as my Magpul lower kit and armalite trigger kit.

This is my first AR build and cant wait to get it going! She should look good all done with her little brother G 17

Attached Files:

2. G17XJ_BS

G17XJ_BS New Member

That is going to be nice. I just built my first a couple weeks ago!! Enjoy!!!

3. glocknloaded

Thanks getting super anxious to start getting parts in the mail

4. glocknloaded

Sorry just realized I started this thread in the wrong area, I hope the mods can move it eek

5. G17XJ_BS

G17XJ_BS New Member

I was the same way!! Thought I was going to wear out the USPS tracking system!!:)

6. EvilD

EvilD New Member

Cool! I'll be finishing my this week end.

7. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Moved right after your first post. Gunsmithing subforum.

Have a nice day! :D

8. glocknloaded

Thanks!!! Sorry about that....

9. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Hey, no prob!

You gonna document your build as you go along? I understand this is your first. Oh, and I know what it feels like having to check if stuff has finally arrived! I'm the kind of guy that likes online prices, but gets impatient and wants it delivered NOW! :D

10. glocknloaded

Yeah I am gonna try and document it. I am trying to buy as much locally as I can but don't have a good source were I'am located unfortunately.

11. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

Can't wait! I am looking forward to it!

12. kimo

kimo New Member

Outstanding! Goodluck with it........subscribed ;)

13. glocknloaded

Thanks guys can't wait for things to start rolling in....

14. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Let's do a race, shall we? I am waiting for UPS to deliver my CAA pistol grips, then I will do a complete from-the-ground-up Building an AR docu.

You up for it, Glocknloaded?

Prize would be bragging rights.

15. glocknloaded

Sure! But I think you already when my stripped upper will be in the next couple days but lower parts kit was on back order SUPPOSEDLY will ship Friday.

16. glocknloaded

What are you using for your lower and parts kit. Please post picks this will be my first AR build/owned and I'am loving all the info and pics shard :)

17. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

So you are assembling the upper AND the lower? Perfect!

Any ETA on delivery of parts to you?

18. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Oh, I have a Fidelis Arms stripped lower and DPMS lower parts kit, of which I am tossing out the pistol grip and replacing with the CAA pistol grip.

I have everything else I need. Check out my thread at "All The Parts Parts You Need...." here: https://www.glockforum.com/forum/f10/all-parts-you-need-2557/

19. glocknloaded

No not the upper yet but soon.... I have been having a hard time getting parts so when I seen the Daniel defense upper receiver I wanted I jumped on it.

Supposedly my Magpul buttstock buffer tube/kit, Magpul grip is shipping Friday it's been on back order. I called and talked to the rep at DSG arms and added a armalite lower parts kit and ambi safety selector oh and magpul sling adapter today but haven't seen the charge go through yet so I need to call again tomorrow and make sure it was added to the list.

And as i am typing I just remembered that I need a bullet button mag release (I live in California)

20. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

SHAIZZA! You have my sympathies, dude!