The AR-15/Carbine continuous pic thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by nyycanseco33, Feb 29, 2012.

1. nyycanseco33

nyycanseco33 Well-Known Member Supporter

These are popular and I know a lot of us have different AR-15 or Carbine's and it's always fun to share our pics to show different setups...

Here's mine...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Nice looking setups...

3. 66Goat389

66Goat389 New Member

Sig p226 & sweet sixteen

Attached Files:

4. nyycanseco33

66Goat389 what kind of case is that? Looks like a Pelican brand... I like that setup and like that you have custom fit your weapons :)

5. 66Goat389

66Goat389 New Member

NRA Tactical... Buy one, it locks, it's water right, dust, rust free... Has a vent for pressure changes on flights. Three layers of foam with pluck foam in middle. Just trace around gun and pluck out the little squares. Super nice and cheap. All profits goto fight the obama administration.

6. 66Goat389

66Goat389 New Member

$130 something at NRA store

7. nyycanseco33

Just that statement alone has basically sealed the deal there... Plus any gun we all buy also goes towards that cause too lol :)

Thanks for the info and price, I'm def looking into this ASAP

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  8. 66Goat389

66Goat389 New Member

I know you have probably heard it before, if your not a NRA member, join.... They are the reason we still have our second amendment rights.. The reason Eric Holder is in court for like the 9th time over that crap they pulled with straw buyers being allowed to walk across with american guns into mexico. Just so they could demonize american guns and gun stores.... Fast and furious was the name of the ATF fiasco. They actually told gun stores to let guns walk right out the door to known straw buyers to build a case... EVIL

9. nyycanseco33

Any other AR enthusiasts out there? C'mon I know you have different accessories, designs, etc that you wanna share and/or brag about :)

10. moyerdrew0

moyerdrew0 New Member

Here are my two that I built, the one has a 7.5 inch barrel and the other has a 20 inch barrel.

Attached Files:

11. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member Supporter

As soon as my painting is finished out at Lake Havasu, I'll be showing off the three that my son, his friend and I own, along with an AK 47 or two. I finally have access to a private range and intend to be picture happy shooting them all.

12. G17XJ_BS

G17XJ_BS New Member

Here is mine, just built it Tuesday night. I need to do something different for my front BUIS, it is on lower than the rear one being mounted to the gas block like that.

ForumRunner_20120309_200241.jpg

13. nyycanseco33

You might want to try a new hand guard, switch out that one with a floating guard with 4 sided picatinny rail instead, my friend recently did that to his build AR and it turned out great and both front and rear sights will be the same level... Just a suggestion :)

14. moyerdrew0

moyerdrew0 New Member

They make longer BUIS just for that gas block. There are several websites out there that you can order from. Not gonna lie though they are a bit pricey compared to the Magpul one that you
    have mounted now.

15. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Just a cautionary note: avoid installing plastic front sights directly to the gas block. I am told they have a tendency to melt (have never seen it myself, but then again, I didn't mount it on the gas block :))

Cheers!

16. G17XJ_BS

G17XJ_BS New Member

Here is mine with my latest updates, quad rail, red dot.

ForumRunner_20120321_190741.jpg

17. odgreen

odgreen Senior Member

Shooting the AR-15 my husband built

Attached Files:

18. odgreen

odgreen Senior Member

Another angle

Attached Files:

19. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Cool shots ( pun intended ) odgreen !!

20. nyycanseco33

Nice! Is your husband a member here also? If so maybe we have met and I didn't know it lol... I agree with SHOOTER13, shots look great :)