Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I put bias comments all over this thread... Because I shoot the g22, I wanna know everyone elses opinion on this matter.

I went with the .40 cal because.

1. Cheaper ammunition.
2. Same stopping power.
3. Bigger magazine size.

So... .40 or .45, and why?

:D:D:D;););):D:D:D

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
artworks-000010921444-on0n6r-original.jpg

but what the hell...my G21 with a +4 mag extension topped off with 1 in the chamber gives me 18 rounds of .45 ready to go. Don't have to worry about how good it conceals cause we can't cc in Illinois. :D

Attachments

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
I went with the .45 ACP because the .40 hadn't been invented yet. Then I went with the 10mm because the .40 hadn't been invented yet.

Trains left the station.

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Theres a reason why a large majority of law enforcement agencies carry .40 cal. You picked three of them. Good choice.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
38,820 Posts
Why is it every time a heated caliber debate starts to calm down, someone has to throw another thread grenade.
Glock 21 because I like the recoil impulse better than the .40 and they don't make a .46.
Glock 22 because it's a hair smaller than the 21, higher capacity and converts to .357sig.

Now to really mess with you. I love them both equally as much. Just like a mother loves all her children.:p

·
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lol...

Because I am from Texas, and we love throwing wrenches at people! If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball!?... Lmao!

I work for agency where you are not issued a side arm. You have to purchase your own..

·
Glockin’ since 1993
38,820 Posts
I'm in N. Texas, DFW area. I used to be a cop. Now in security. Carried my own 21 for many years on duty and do so now. Stay safe down there!

·
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You do the same brother!

·
Banned
488 Posts
Why is it every time a heated caliber debate starts to calm down, someone has to throw another thread grenade.
Glock 21 because I like the recoil impulse better than the .40 and they don't make a .46.
Glock 22 because it's a hair smaller than the 21, higher capacity and converts to .357sig.

Now to really mess with you. I love them both equally as much. Just like a mother loves all her children.:p
No .46 but you can get a 50cal...
http://www.guncrafterindustries.com/sneakpreview.shtml

Personally I am using 9mm for duty and off duty now. I've seen just about every common modern police handgun cartridge fail and just about every modern police handgun cartridge not fail. If I know I'm going to a gun fight my minimum is now 5.56mm in a rifle not any handgun. 9mm is a good compromise, has higher capacity, and is the cheapest to practice regularly with, be profecient with and stay profecient with.

Like every thread I've seen so far here about caliber choice a lot of opinions are about to follow. The truth is the correct choice is the one that is controllable in your hands and that you are accurate with. Anything that varies from that is wrong.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I went with a Gen 4 G21 cause most departments here make you carry a 9mm or a .45, they are doing away with the .40 supposedly. Plus with the G21 in a 4th gen I get the slim frame

·
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I went with the .45 ACP because the .40 hadn't been invented yet. Then I went with the 10mm because the .40 hadn't been invented yet.

Trains left the station.

How do you like your 10mm???? Been wanting to find one to test fire. Just worried about the scarcity of ammo.. Unless I cap it myself.

·
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No .46 but you can get a 50cal...
http://www.guncrafterindustries.com/sneakpreview.shtml

Personally I am using 9mm for duty and off duty now. I've seen just about every common modern police handgun cartridge fail and just about every modern police handgun cartridge not fail. If I know I'm going to a gun fight my minimum is now 5.56mm in a rifle not any handgun. 9mm is a good compromise, has higher capacity, and is the cheapest to practice regularly with, be profecient with and stay profecient with.

Like every thread I've seen so far here about caliber choice a lot of opinions are about to follow. The truth is the correct choice is the one that is controllable in your hands and that you are accurate with. Anything that varies from that is wrong.

Very well put, sir!

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
How do you like your 10mm???? Been wanting to find one to test fire. Just worried about the scarcity of ammo.. Unless I cap it myself.
Don't have one right now, waiting for the release of the Gen4 G20. Should be out for dist around these parts in the Spring. I'm sure it will be a fine 10mm, the RSA will be the same as the one in my Gen4 G21, which is a great .45.

I bought one of the first Colt Deltas when they came out, used it quite a bit, and liked it too. But then I started shooting silhouette steel matches with S&W Model 29's, and didn't shoot the Colt much at all, so it got sold off in favor of a new Colt 1911 .45 for carry. I do miss having a 10mm, and am really looking forward to revisiting it with the new Glock 20. No worries around here for 10mm ammo, plenty of places sell it, and there are online suppliers with some good stuff at reasonable prices. I guess it depends on where some folks live as to available ammo. I'm good here.

·
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Don't have one right now, waiting for the release of the Gen4 G20. Should be out for dist around these parts in the Spring. I'm sure it will be a fine 10mm, the RSA will be the same as the one in my Gen4 G21, which is a great .45.

I bought one of the first Colt Deltas when they came out, used it quite a bit, and liked it too. But then I started shooting silhouette steel matches with S&W Model 29's, and didn't shoot the Colt much at all, so it got sold off in favor of a new Colt 1911 .45 for carry. I do miss having a 10mm, and am really looking forward to revisiting it with the new Glock 20. No worries around here for 10mm ammo, plenty of places sell it, and there are online suppliers with some good stuff at reasonable prices. I guess it depends on where some folks live as to available ammo. I'm good here.

Yeah good points. The ammo thing I really haven't paid much attention too, because all I buy is .223, 12 guage, and .40 cal.

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
I don't have any negative bias against the .40 at all, or people that enjoy the performance it gives them. It just came out in the middle of me doing something else, and I never jumped on the bandwagon. Not really adverse in principal to other calibers, and I'll admit for a time I was pretty smitten with the .38 Super, or the .38 Automatic, as some liked to call it. Bad timing on it though, I'd say the .40 pretty much did it in popularity wise. The Fickle Fortunes of Fate.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
SeventiesWreckers said:

That's how it was for me. My LGS had 5-6 different types of 10mm from $25. Now that I moved from my country life to a big city, I'm lucky to find a store with 10mm. The closest 10mm hollow points are about a 45 min drive.

·
Registered
84 Posts
My favorite calibers are: 10MM, 357 Auto and 45 ACP. Dont like the 40 cal's 'snappy' recoil. I realize recoil is a subjective matter and I agree that a well placed shot is the key, no matter the caliber.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
I have the G23 and the G21. Problem solved.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
dutchs said:
I have the G23 and the G21. Problem solved.
Well done! I carry my G-27 as my main EDC, but I have the option of my G-22, G-20, 1911, and so on. :)

·
Glock 30 and 36 owner.
73 Posts
I prefer the .45, but for no other reason than that is what I shoot the best groups with. My Glock 30 is by far the best shooting hand gun that I own. I don't dislike any caliber, but for me, the .40 is just not quite as accurate. Again, I am referring to ME only. In my honest opinion, the best round is the one that you can put center mass the most times consistently. I have never understood all of this "my caliber is better than yours". I have yet to see anyone line up and volunteer to be shot with one caliber instead of another. I'm not stepping in front of a .22, much less anything else. I get tired of all of the carrying on about it. It reminds me of elementary kids on the playground.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts