Thanks forum members

Discussion in 'Range Reports' started by dutchs, Jul 5, 2012.

1. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

This is a target I shot at today. I want to take a second here though to publicly thank a member here and I hope he is OK with that. I bought a rifle a few months back and he saw that I am a newbie to the whole rifle thing, on the forum he gave me hope that even though I had no idea what I was doing that I could do it, After a few more posts he took interest enough to send me info. he had dug up from his archives to help with my set up and discipline using a rifle and then he continued to send me info. on using a sling and always cheering me on that I could do it. This is the reason, I think , and I wrote in our Announcements, we have the best membership on any forum. You guys are great and you have no idea who we are but as fellow gun enthusiast always help and cheer people on. So, this is not a Marksman's target yet, but it is miles from where i was just 3 months ago and want to say THANKS WRECKER! This rifle and handgun thing is so much more fun with something to look forward to in getting better!!

BTW, 8 inch target at 50 yards, standing , with a sling, steel sights!!
    20 rounds, a guy there watched with his scope, he swears that 4 went through same holes, 2 strays and 1 miss to the right.

Target 7-5.jpg

2. Caseyglock19

Caseyglock19 New Member

3. GunnerGSP

GunnerGSP Active Member

Oh great! Not only can our very own Darth Sidious shoot lightning bolts from his fingers but now he's a crack shot with a rifle.

:p

Which rifle? Or did I miss it somewhere?

4. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

Nice shooting Dutchs. Offhand, or standing being the most unsupported position, your doing nicely. Glad your enjoying it, some of the positions we talked about can be kinda tough to get in & out of though, so some modifying might be necessary. Nice that your putting it together so well. If it was easy, anybody could do it.

5. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

OOPS!! I was so excited.... Savage Hog Hunter in.308

6. RRoss

RRoss If it goes boom or bang, I want to play with it! Lifetime Supporting Member

Nice shootin boss!

7. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Thanks Wrecker, some of the positions we talked about.. I hope I never get into now because i will need EMS to get me out of!!:eek: Not that flexible anymore:D:D

Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
  8. SeventiesWreckers

Yeah, there's always that.

Attached Files:

9. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Good shooting there for a beginner! And remember: standing is the hardest position to shoot from, and iron sights no less!

How'd the recoil get ya?

10. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

The Stockpad is awesome. No issues at all!! I am gonna see how that falls when I start shooting a 45-70 though! Whew!!

11. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Man wants a bigger gun....I wonder why?????

12. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

BIGGG Dreams!!!

13. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Izzat what they call it nowadays? :eek::D

14. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

I think we ned to call the mods. in on this thread going WAYYYYY off topic!!:eek::eek::D

15. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

Yepper....this thread is going down hill fast. LOL! :rolleyes:

16. SeventiesWreckers

Back on track. I want to learn how to shoot like a girl. Actually the right hand reload has been around for awhile. Some guys that shoot big doubles are pretty good at it. Jessie does have some fast hands though. Faster than mine anyway.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbCjcEO9z1A&feature=related[/ame]

17. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

That's 'coz 3 mods are in on it....

18. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

FYI, you cannot hijack your own thread.....

....it isn't considered hijacking....

19. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

That's probably why. LOL

20. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

RROSS, pipe in! We need all mods aboard for this thread hijacking!

heheheh!!!